Notices

factory alarm

Old 07-30-2004, 08:46 AM
DarkSideAccord
Chidori-chan :love:

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default factory alarm

Is the factory alarm system good enough for southern california (riverside)?? or do i need to upgrade it?
Old 07-30-2004, 08:52 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

upgrade it. get something with an ignition kill and if you have enough money, lo-jack.

but ... if someone really wants to steal your car, they will.
Old 07-30-2004, 09:28 AM
dazco

I asked the same thing twice and got no answer. So i researched it and what i found was that the immobilizer in the accords (at least the ex...don't know if the lx has it) according to many sources i found seem to all agree it's the best thing out there right now as far as theft deterrant. The lojack thing is supposed to be good, but it's not a deterrant since it doesn't stop then from stealing it, just helps find it once it's stolen. So they really can't be compared.

It was also said that with the immobilizer circuitry being put into a lot of new cars lately, lojack pricing is going down because the need for it has dropped due to how well immobilizers work. Thats not to say ther are perfect. According to most accounts, nothing is a sure bet. But thefts supposedly have dropped something like 90% among cars that have begun to utilize immobilizer systems.
Old 07-30-2004, 06:45 PM
DarkSideAccord

i have the EX...so, i have the immobilizer and that's the best out there now?
Old 07-30-2004, 09:29 PM
Intrepid241

if by immobilizer you mean the chip in the key I have it too
Old 07-30-2004, 09:58 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a way past the immobilizer

Basically it all boils down to being nothing more than a deterrant moreso than anything. Alarms can be bypassed no matter what they come out with.
Old 07-31-2004, 09:44 AM
DarkSideAccord

Originally Posted by Nightshade
There is a way past the immobilizer

Basically it all boils down to being nothing more than a deterrant moreso than anything. Alarms can be bypassed no matter what they come out with.
u're saying that there is a way to bypass ALL types of alarm systems? if so, y should i invest in it?
Old 07-31-2004, 10:05 AM
AtlAccord
Banned

Originally Posted by DarkSideAccord
u're saying that there is a way to bypass ALL types of alarm systems? if so, y should i invest in it?
Of course there is... Didn't you watch "Gone in 60 Seconds"???
Old 07-31-2004, 09:53 PM
SnP2k

anything made can always be reverse engineered, it's just simple logic, there will always be a backdoor, or some sort of way around any security system, nothing is 100% safe, long story short is: some alarm systems are better than others, obviously you would invest in the best as it would have a higher percentage of "safeness" if you will, but the way to really look at it is that it's much better than nothing at all. The other thing is that, if a thief really wanted to steal your car, he better know a lot about alarm systems, because if he goes in with the mindset of a stock alarm system, and he finds a surprise, he's F*ed, and thus the alarm system served it's purpose. However, if someone is very knowledgeable about all alarm systems, chances are the thief will be able to disable it.
Old 08-01-2004, 10:42 AM
DarkSideAccord

that's true..... but how difficult is it to bypass the factory alarm system compared to an aftermarket one?? i know there are good alarms, but they cost a lot...