Notices

H1 or H3, which bulb is better?

Old 07-29-2004, 10:22 AM
gnehc1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H1 or H3, which bulb is better?

Just trying to find out which bulb gets a better use. It looks like the H1 bulb is a tad bit smaller than the H3, but i don't know if that's a factor. the reason i'm asking is because they are making projectors that take either h1 or h3 bulbs for the 4th gen accords. I’ve heard that the projectors suck for the 4th gen accords, but my question is in regards to the bulb itself. any info would be appreciated. thanks.
Old 07-29-2004, 10:34 AM
bigpsycho
DIESLOW ENT..

well i got projector on my 5th gen and i use h3 bulbs they are good to me, but they have short life span, that the only thing i dont like..
Old 07-29-2004, 10:56 AM
flyromeo3

umm....i believe H3 bulbs are intended for fog lights.
H1's are low beams.
Old 07-29-2004, 11:09 AM
bigpsycho
DIESLOW ENT..

Originally Posted by flyromeo3
umm....i believe H3 bulbs are intended for fog lights.
H1's are low beams.
you're right.. but those are the lights that go on my projectors. i got the single halo head unit..
Old 07-29-2004, 05:04 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

there is really no difference in light output... they are just designed for different applications. A H3 bulb puts out enough light to effectively light up the road at night... but usually the projectors that they go into are not designed properly... which is why you get crappy output and short bulb life. H1 bulbs can usually be found in high beam applications and alot of emergency lighting. You'll probably get better output with the H1 projectors though... they tend to be designed better and produce better light. If the projectors end up being terrible you can always open the headlights and swap the projectors for some OEM H1 or H7 projectors if you want to stay halogen, or use HID projectors with a HID setup and light up the night! When I say OEM projectors, i mean (for example) from volkswagen headlights (which do use H1 projectors).
Old 07-29-2004, 05:16 PM
gnehc1

thanks, i really appreciate the responses.
Old 07-30-2004, 04:50 AM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is there a store where i can buy something like this --->>> volkswagen headlights (which do use H1 projectors). but i wonder if it would fit n my one piece projector, i wanna get some HIDs but i wanna do it once and do it righ. dont wanna get HID and not b happy.
Old 07-30-2004, 04:19 PM
accordvtec77

Originally Posted by strykernyc
is there a store where i can buy something like this --->>> volkswagen headlights (which do use H1 projectors). but i wonder if it would fit n my one piece projector, i wanna get some HIDs but i wanna do it once and do it righ. dont wanna get HID and not b happy.
Volkswagen headlights use H7 bulbs in their projector lights (Passat). The older Audi A6 had H1 projector lights, but they pretty much all use H7 now.