Notices

Going To germany for 4 days business trip.....

Old 07-29-2004, 07:24 AM
flyromeo3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going To germany for 4 days business trip.....

.......Well I need to travel to our regional office in Germany ( first time visiting that country ).

I've always wanted to fly around in the autobahn and I will be doing that.
I've heard that there is an H23 Accord Type -R.
Is that true? If so does anyone know if the car rental places have that type of car?

My flight is tomorrow night.
I really wanna know because the car my firm rented for me is a piece of shit. a ****en toyota corolla....

anyway, If I cant find an accord Ill rent myself a 911 turbo. The firm I work for will pay for most of rental. ( They are paying for the corolla so I could pick up the difference. ).

all in all I plan on speeding on that super highway.
I know the porsche will top out, but id rather get in a car that I havent driven before, like an accord type -r.

If anyone knows of a car rental place in Germany, preferrably Munich Germany, It'll make my trip.

Thanks,
Old 07-29-2004, 07:39 AM
92hondaaccord

Try and rent the new Accord Wagon Turbo Diesel. Maybe not fast, but 52 mpg rocks.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:02 AM
flyromeo3

:blue: :blue: na, im definitely going there to speed on that highway.:driving:
This is like a life time dream to do.

Secondly, its a business trip so i dont have to pay for flight, meals, etc.....
well I do but i get reimbursed for it.

I've always wanted to drive on the autobahn..
I went to Germany when I was 12yrs old with my father on his business trip and he rented a BMW at that time. All I remember were the cars on the right lane while we flew by.

I know there are certain restrictions on that road though so you have to speed around early in the morning.....I cant wait to take pics....... :blue:
Old 07-29-2004, 08:17 AM
92hondaaccord

I went right after college to France, Itally, Germany, and Switzerland. Driving on their autobahns in a Renault mini...and I do mean mini...van was the scariest damn experience of my life. My step dad was driving (rental ins etc) and he is all over the place. We couldn't do 140 kmh in the left lane, but didn't want to be stuck with the campers going 70kmh in the right lane...oh those campers are pulled by cars smaller than geo metros...check out all the different cars that we don't get in the state. Pretty sweet to get a deisel in any honda or toyota you want.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:45 AM
Intrepid241

Sounds awsome man. I'd love nothing more than to rip down the Autobahn in a Porsche! Just be careful and don't kill yourself.
Old 07-29-2004, 09:29 AM
My69NovaSS
Car Lovers x 2

Viel spass und fahr vorsichtig! (Have fun and drive carful)
Old 07-29-2004, 10:15 AM
flyromeo3

<I race @ the poconos raceway in my Turbo'd GTI.. So I would consider myself a good driver. Its a closed circuit for us anyway. >

hmmmmmm.....I take it your German? ( My69NovaSS) If so, do you know of any hot spots where the native German chicks might hang out?.

This is the address of our other office: so if your familiar with that area I would appreciate it.

Munich
Maximiliansplatz 5
80333 Munich, Germany

Frankfurt/Main
Schutzenstrasse 4
60313 Frankfurt am Main, Germany

Cologne
Beethovenstrasse 5-13
50674 Koln,Germany

The distance between the 3 offices is pretty far but im sure the autobahn will get me there quick.

Im going to start from the south east and drive north west from munich, to frankfurt to cologne.

I hope I dont get lost cause I only speak English, Spanish, French and Italian.
German class I didnt do so well in.
Old 07-29-2004, 10:28 AM
My69NovaSS
Car Lovers x 2

Yes, I am German, but left 17 years ago, so I can't help you with the chick situation, sorry. Most people speak English over there, so you should be able to ask for direction or meet people. Viel Glück! Enjoy "Die Autobahn".
Old 07-29-2004, 12:41 PM
jschmid

If you are gonna rent something to drive on the autobahn, rent something faster than an Accord.
Old 07-30-2004, 10:56 AM
gsimmons2005
Accord 04 EX 4Cy Manual

Default Help on rentals

Hey,

Well I was in germany for 2 weeks in january and rented a car and drove all over the place...putting on about 2-3K miles.

As for rental cars. You will really be limited by what you can get mostly because you are in germany and almost every rental is either an OPEL, Mercedes, AUDI, or VW because those are the country cars and they make them like tanks over there with excellent reliabilty.

When I went over, there were no Accords or Hondas to be seen both at the rental places and on the roads. I personally got me a little 4 door Supercharges OPEL sedan which was spanking fast and nice to drive. This was a nice intro car and similar to my accord that I ended up buying 2 months later.

Oh and driving was a blast at some 120mph, and you dont even know it because everyone is also going that fast! ONE but of advice...BUY a MAP ASAP because all the road signs are not compass based but city based and for those like me who are new to germany, its a nightmare, plus the autobahns signs are usually well marked, but getting to them leads you in circles.

Best of luck... and post more if you have any questions!
-Greg