Notices

A serious problem with my 6th gen ('02) V6 tranny

Old 07-28-2004, 05:49 PM
pjk208

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A serious problem with my 6th gen ('02) V6 tranny

OK...today while I was cruising along uphill...all of a sudden it felt as if the engine had major loss of power and when i glanced down at the instrument panel...the TCS light and the ENGINE malfunction lamp both went off...then the D4 light started blinking...and it kept that way until i decided to pull over to the side...sit awhile and shut it down...when i restarted the engine...still had the ENGINE malfunction lamp on...crazy thing is that THIS is not the first time that this has happened...it has happened before maybe twice/three times...i perused through the manual and found out that most likely there is an issue with transmission...I am really worried about my transmission...it's been shifting really forced lately...but the dealership service guys wont give a shit cuz i went there 2 weeks ago and they just gave me the runaround with only 00-01 trannies are under extended warranty...but the thing is...I read somewhere that 02 engines are no different trannywise but somehow the warranty only falls for 00-01? Can anyone explain to me why? What should I do about this? I am worried that I might get into an accident if my tranny suddenly decides to cut out one day soon.
Old 07-28-2004, 06:41 PM
peanutlen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having the transmission problem too. If your car still under warranty, try to get it fixed. For more info, please go to http://www.petitiononline.com/acura/petition.html
We are not alone.