Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Super Charged 818c5

Old 07-28-2004, 05:26 AM
speedfreak7
all wheel civic, what?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Charged 818c5

i plan on installing a super charger on a b18c5, i plan on changing all cams and piston parts to titanium and changing the domed pistons for some more compression frendly ones is there anything else i should do to help the motor with the boost. also im instaling nos.
Old 07-28-2004, 05:47 AM
ED9man
driver

Old 07-28-2004, 09:30 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally Posted by speedfreak7
i plan on changing all cams and piston parts to titanium (...) also im instaling nos.
:chuckles:

Step one: Go to TV.
Step two: Turn on Fast and Furious
Step three: Watch the entire movie, while constantly repeating to yourself "This movie is bullshit and was made by people who know nothing about cars."

Repeat as nessicary to prevent posts like this from happening again.
Old 07-28-2004, 02:13 PM
speedfreak7
all wheel civic, what?

just to let you know ive been looking into this for awile and one of the reasons im doing this is to prove to people like you it van be done its got nothing to do with the movie the fast and the furious i had a fully built 69 fire bird that ran 8's and now im trying to build the fastest honda i can and still have it on the street and it all starts with displacement so im going big if you dont have real advice for people who are truly asking for help than maby you should go tro a diferent forum to talk your bullshit and leave these for people who are truly willing to help
Old 07-28-2004, 05:39 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Bullshit? I'd love to see you mill titanum into cams and pistons. If you could even find a shop that can, expect to sell your house to buy those things. Titanium is expensive a bitch and a half to machine. If you can give me so much as one good reason that you NEED titanium... well, you can't.

If you can build a Firebird to run 8's but don't know the basics of supercharging a car, I feel sorry for you. It's all the same idea, no matter where the cams are or how many you have.

Even the idea of supercharging to make a seriously high horsepower Honda isn't that great. Turbos are much better at this job.

There is a lovely webboard over at superhonda.com that you may find a little better suited to your needs.
Old 07-28-2004, 07:46 PM
ChizzleC

You don't really need internal work for a supercharger, depending on how much boost you're running.
What kit are you getting? I'd say you're safe on internals up to 8psi on a JRSC, just work on avoiding detonation.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:38 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

JRSC's have a nasty habit of leaking caster bean oil and not responding well to replacement pulleys.
Old 08-01-2004, 01:23 AM
speedfreak7
all wheel civic, what?

ive wrote somthing for you to read its called read. as for what yopu said " bullshit " it can be done ive checked it out and i need it because im going supercharger and nos and the two dont mix will so if i dont build the motor like this than i am going to blow my self up and im not spending this kind of money to need to start over at the push of a button.
Old 08-01-2004, 01:32 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

OK, you keep believing that, and I'll keep letting you.
Old 08-01-2004, 06:01 AM
ED9man
driver

learn english before you start building engines

lesson 1: period

this is a period "."

If you find the "m" key on your keyboard it is the third one to the right of it, the period's function is to make your nearly indiscernable posts a little easier to read, punctuation in your friend. You can use it more than once per post.