Notices

Factory Alarm on 97 TL 3.2 - HOW to DISABLE???

Old 07-28-2004, 04:25 AM
jataga12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Alarm on 97 TL 3.2 - HOW to DISABLE???

I'm new to this forum so please be patient. I have an 1997 Acura TL 3.2 with no modifications besides a K&N air filter.

For about 6-10 months now, the alarm will go off for NO reason. Example, the car is parked in my home garage for a couple of hours and then it just went off. I did not arm the alarm. The doors were unlocked after I got out of the car. There is no consistency either with it going off like certain times of the day or anything like that.

Yesterday i was in a parking lot and when i used my key to unlock the door, the alarm went off. when i stuck my key in the ignition and cranked it, nothing happened and the alarm continued to go off. I had to disconnect the battery, wait a few minutes, plug it in and hurry and turn the car on.

I know there is something wrong with the alarm b/c on many occasions when i press lock on the key pad, the doors will lock and then continue to lock themselves 10 or 15 times and eventually stop.

• Is there ANY WAY for me to DISABLE the factory alarm?
• If i do this, what alarm do yall recommend getting?
• I just need something very basic. Are they hard to install?

Thanks,
John
jataga@att.net
Old 07-28-2004, 08:43 AM

I dont know anything about disabling the factory alarm, but I had the same problem, and it turned out the latch for the hood was a little off, so it would still shut.... but the car reads it as still open, So i went and got that fixed, mind you have a 2002 TL, but its still an idea for you to explore.
Old 08-02-2004, 05:59 PM
evodan03

Default Me Too

I have the exact same problem with my 1998 3.2 TL, best I can figure out is that one of the 6 sensors are bad, since I can use the key in the driver door to disable it, I think that sensor is working.. but usually when my wife locks the doors from the passenger side it usually goes off.. F(#* stupid thing.. I have the wiring schem. of the alarm system, I am going to try to disable it this weekend.. I let you know what happens..

-dan
Old 08-03-2004, 01:21 PM
evodan03

Ok, Figured it out!!!! Hood triger didn't seem to work for some reason, when my hood was open the alarm still armed... anyway.. open the trunk take off the cover that is on the inside of the lid... in the center and back is a 2 wire molex plug, it will pull out a little bit, that is where the trunk sensor is... unplug it, the wires will trace back to the KEY LOCK, that is how you know you have the right wires, then onec it is unpluged, jump the two wires together that go back to the alarm brain, NOT the ones that go to the KEY LOCK, that will do nothing because it is unpluged... once you jump those two wires together, the alarm thinks the trunk is open and will not arm... Just did it seems to be working fine...
Now one other little trick you could do... you could run two wires from the inside of the car to the trunk and install a switch inside the car.. So if you want to allow the alarm to active flip the switch then lock the doors.. wala--

good luck...

-Dan