Notices

Murphy's Law attacks

Old 07-26-2004, 04:02 AM
sclick55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Murphy's Law attacks

Just an amusing little story.....
I've been trying to decide what car I want to buy (when my xterra is paid off) for a few weeks now and have been bouncing back and forth between the 350z, rx-8, and the s2k. They all apeal to me, but as I cannot afford any right now, I had been succesfuly avoiding test driving any of them. Key word there is had. Saturday afternoon the wife and I were passing the local Honda dealership and my resolve broke. I pulled in, walked into the showroom and immediately sat down in the only s2k they had. That was mistake number one. Mistake number two was when I said yes to the offer of a test drive. I'm in lust...no more agonizing over what car, just over money. Mistake number three was the salesman's. When an eclipse pulled up next to us and started revving, he said "Go ahead, he can't keep up with it". I went, the eclipse tried, and I am now well past lust and entering into starry-eyed country. When we get back, the standard sales pitch begins. I stop the guy short and let him know that it will be the first of the year before I can afford another car payment. Not deterred, he asks me to wait a minute while he talks to his manager. After a brief chat, he comes back and offers to knock 5k off the price. Now I'm kicking myself because they're offering an 04 for the price of an 03. I still can't afford it...now the next offer: 27,800 & 0% interest til Jan 05. I look at my wife...she's sold, I'm sold, so it's my turn to say wait a minute. I pull out my checkbook, rework my budget a thousand times in my head, and get a very resounding "NO WAY IN HELL" from my checkbook. Moral of the story : Never test drive until you can buy because you will hate yourself if the above happens. However, if you're in NC, I know a dealer that's pretty desperate to get rid of theirs
Old 07-26-2004, 04:25 AM
Skad
Worst Poster Eva

You should have traded in the wife :doh:

Or at least try and sell her on the side of the street
Old 07-26-2004, 06:17 AM
kenton
Change sig? Lose [quote]!

Originally Posted by Skad
You should have traded in the wife :doh:

Or at least try and sell her on the side of the street
At least then you can be the salesman and you can say "Don't worry HE can't keep up with HER." lol.
Old 07-26-2004, 08:16 AM
flyromeo3

s2k is slow.
Lack of torque your not going anywhere. If you think the s2k is fast, wait until you get into the 350z.
Old 07-26-2004, 12:51 PM
Dave-ROR
RAD owns.

Depends on what you want. The 350z feels fast because of it's torque, but it's bloated and not nearly as fun to drive in my opinion.

And yes, I've driven both, I'm not basing that on a car mag.

Personally, I'd rather have the S2K. Neither are really practical, the 350z vert is more expensive and my previous ownership of Nissans and Hondas tell me that the Honda will have less problems (err, should say "less likely to develop problems")

RX-8 is a decent car too, lacks torque and feels incredibly cheap on the inside though.
Old 07-28-2004, 07:03 PM
mgunsch
mgunsch

Default Where in NC

I live in NC and may be interested. Where is the dealer that you referred to?
Old 07-29-2004, 05:46 AM
Cyclonus
UP AND ADD THEM

- $5000!!!

Well written story.
Old 07-29-2004, 05:58 AM
honda_pilot
DeeCeeFo'

s2k is slow.
Lack of torque your not going anywhere. If you think the s2k is fast, wait until you get into the 350z.
You don't know much. The 04's have a 2.2L Lower redline but more torque. And it is nimble. The 350Z has sloppy shifter feel and is a boat compared. Greddy's twin-turbo 350 was able to pull off a 13.4 1/4. Thats pathetic.

Depends on what you want. The 350z feels fast because of it's torque, but it's bloated and not nearly as fun to drive in my opinion.

And yes, I've driven both, I'm not basing that on a car mag.

Personally, I'd rather have the S2K. Neither are really practical, the 350z vert is more expensive and my previous ownership of Nissans and Hondas tell me that the Honda will have less problems (err, should say "less likely to develop problems")

RX-8 is a decent car too, lacks torque and feels incredibly cheap on the inside though.
I agree with everything you said.
Old 08-26-2004, 06:08 PM
AppleSauseSi
Critical S.O.B.

I've driven my friends 350Z and I have ridden in another friends S2k, I can honestly say I had more fun riding in the S2k than I did driving the 350Z. I also like the S2k interior and exterior look better. S2k>350Z imo
Old 08-29-2004, 11:58 PM
EVO VIII
Imports over Domestic

I have never ridden in either, but from videos and articles that I have read , I must say that I would lean torward the S2k