Notices

Car security

Old 07-22-2004, 10:29 AM
teekay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car security

Hi all,

Just have a question about what you guys use for car security. I just had my top sliced open and both my car seats stolen. I don't know how good the Honda factory alarm is, but do you know if there's some way of minimizing this risk in the future? After all, when I get the seats back in the car, what's to stop the thieves from going for them again? Thanks for any info.

Teekay
Old 07-22-2004, 08:27 PM
HvRRZ

sorry to hear about that man. As far as security goes, the factory alarm should have gone off if you had it. It's has sensors, so if the top is ever ripped open the alarm will sound. Can't really do much else to stop someone from ripping the top. I would say to just try and park in areas where you know there are going to be plenty of people.
Old 08-14-2004, 09:22 AM
SilverStone0S2K

I am not sure where you live, but I would look into a garage and a video camera. Although that does not help when you go somewhere. I would look into an aftermarket alarm with a proximity sensor. You could also get a hard top, but what fun is that. My best suggestion would to buy the biggest baddest dog you can find, and let him sleep in the car over night. I don't really know what to say, but always call the cops, and have the finger print the car. Some kids broke into my car once, and they got caught because I called the cops right away, and had the car dusted. They had to pay me $1,600 for damages. But, hearing that does p*ss me off. I hope you catch them. Like John Trovolta said in Pulp Fiction, "It would have been worth having them do it, just to catch them." Good luck. But, I would look into a $650 alarm with prox sensor. I would also invest in a shotgun. Check with your local state laws first though. Here in Louisiana, if you are caught on someone's property after sunset, we have the right to shoot. I love my state!
Old 08-16-2004, 05:25 PM
minako

If you get an alarm, make sure you park close enough to where you live so you can hear it when it goes off.

I think the best security measure would be to get a hard top, but that usually requires a garage to store it when not in use. If you have to park your car outside, the hard top would be your best bet in deterring thieves. But if you have nowhere to store it when you want to ride top-down, I guess you'll just have to settle for an alarm.
Old 08-16-2004, 07:06 PM
MaxGeek

I have a clifford alarm with a proximity sensor and i have seat locks. If someone touches my soft top my alarm goes off. The seat locks are like wheel locks where it has a special key to remove them. You should also get a sticker to warn thefts that you have seat locks. Seat locks cost about $60 and are made specially for the s2000 by Mcgard. You can only get them through kodokan_4 on s2ki.com.

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=216796
Old 12-31-2004, 02:13 PM
nurse4u2no

Default I feel your pain

My Honda S2000 was just vandalized on Tuesday night, cut my top, took my seats, amp, radar detector, and anything else they could get their hands on at that time. I just wonder what state you live in??? Or is it any and everwhere??? Also I was wondering how long you had to wait before they were able to find and replace your seats?? They are telling me it could take up to 4 weeks. I am wondering if I should go and do my own research and try to find them myself and then let the dealership know. I'd appreciate any advice you could offer me. Thanks so much and hope you were able to prevent another occurrence. I know how devistating and costly it can be.