Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

turboing a d series need help

Old 07-17-2004, 02:00 PM
1hot4door

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turboing a d series need help

ok ive got a sohc vtec motor , due to personal problems i couldnt afford the b series , anyways , im putting a turbo on this motor , to start off with im going to keep the internals stock and only run like between 5-8 psi until i know for sure that everything is working together and workin how it should , for this basic set up what would i need to modify as far as fuel system and ignitiong , ive been told that i could use just msd wires and upgrade the plugs and instal a vortech fmu and possibly a fuel pump , are these upgrades what i need or would some1 out there recomend more or different upgrades , please help me out on this one guys , i wanna make sure that this is done right the first time so i can start with internal work asap.
Old 07-17-2004, 02:03 PM
1hot4door

o and btw , as far as electronics go , is the stock ecu ok for this , or would somebody recomend hondata , i dont think id need it for this low of a boost setup but im just curious , and what are ppl,s opinions on vtec controllers, worthit or not? , please help me out with all these turbo questions , im new to the world of vtec and forced induction
Old 07-17-2004, 02:06 PM
1hot4door

1 more thing , which would i need front or side mount , and what is the best bov out there in ur opinions
Old 07-17-2004, 02:52 PM
SRT_Andy

Man, you need a LOT of specific info! The first thing you need to decide is your budget or "limit". Also, I would suppose this is going to be your daily driver, not a race car. Think about how much power you're looking to make, now and later on. When you get those, you'll have the ammunition to find the custom setup or turbo kit that's right for you. May I suggest you visit the Turbo D16 Forum for some info specific to your car?
Old 07-17-2004, 03:05 PM
1hot4door

thans man , that helped a lot