Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Help Me!!!

Old 07-13-2004, 09:54 PM
B18cSwApPedRs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Me!!!

This is the story,commin home from work i go get some gas.. i see a red gsr and the owner peeping my car..looked like a race to me.. we both leave the gas station and i go out on the side of him pas him up and he drops on me. i drop to 2nd and go to third.. and it happens i go from 3rd at 8k rpm to 2nd gear instead of 4th.OMG that shit cranked it so i put it back into 4th after that wild kick and stop at a red light and my car shuts off.. it wont turn on and im stuck in the middle of the street. i get it pushed and start it by putting it in 2nd and droppin the clutch. i drive home that way but if the car was to go under about 1500 rpm it shuts off.. i dunt kno wats wrong with it. i dunt kno bout a bent valve because wouldnt i hear sumthin? it runs good when im driven. does anyone know wat my problem could be?. im soo bummed out this sucks... i took it to a shop and he check it out visually on the outside.. he changed my plugs.. i was low a qt of oil and he checked my timing everything was coo other than that and he also found about 3 of the nuts holding my intake manifold in were gone so he told me that it might be that i had blown a gasket or sumthin and also he had said that the car was running rich cuz of the smell..help me please
Old 07-13-2004, 11:41 PM
RicoD
Pull my finger

shouldnt be street racing in the first place :P
Old 07-14-2004, 05:41 PM
B18cSwApPedRs

Thanx for the help dude dunt post nothin if u aint gonna help
Old 07-14-2004, 08:04 PM
emry5treasure

I have over reved like that going from 3rd to 4th (turned out to be second) at the drag races (legal). Scared me to death...as far as I know if nothing is apparently wrong right after it happens your head (valves, springs, etc) is probably ok. As for the stalling at low rpm...I have no idea...does it run smooth? Elaborate on the missing bolts.
Old 07-14-2004, 08:54 PM
vassil3427

Originally Posted by B18cSwApPedRs
he also found about 3 of the nuts holding my intake manifold in were gone so he told me that it might be that i had blown a gasket or sumthin and also he had said that the car was running rich cuz of the smell..help me please
Did he replace them yet? If not thats most likely your problem, it's allowing an unrestricted amount of air into the intake system.
Old 07-15-2004, 10:42 AM
ninjaboy740

Is there any oil burning? If so, then it could be a piston ring or seal that's dead. Have you noticed any leaks, fluid under the car after you leave the car over night? If so, it could be your oil pressure is too low. If there is too much air getting in to the cylinder that could also be a problem. If he didn't put those bolts back in I would do that and if there is still too much air, try replacing the gasket on the intake manifold.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:00 PM
B18cSwApPedRs

well turns out i bent all of my exhaust valves and got them all replaced now its back to normal well thanx anyways for the help