Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Missfire brlem on B18C6 engine

Old 07-09-2004, 07:00 AM
TOMSON

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Missfire brlem on B18C6 engine

Hello,
I am new
I have a problem with Civic 88-91 and B18c6 engine sound like a subaru boxer engine.
There are no check engine codes in the ECU.
It happens after painting the car and engine disamble?We check, spark plags, wires, distributor, ECU, map, tps, and other sensors, injectors.
I have checked CR and it is 14, 14, 12,5 and 14. A don't think that lower CR on 3 cylinder has something to do wiht our problem.

I checked fuel pressure on Aem Rail and it is 47psi at idle. At WOT it rises for a while and than drops to 41 psi at idle and 36 at roud condition? I thought that at lower vacum (at WOT conditons) fuel pressure should rise?
I have change fuel pump and regulator but fuel pressure act the same. Is it correct?

I have also noticed that when i rise the fuel pressure missfire and subaru sound stops anti 2000 rpm on roud condition. On 41 psi engins has missfire all the time and sounds like subaru.

We have still attatched APEXI Vafc?
My be there is some problem with ground but I dont understand why car acts better after fuel pressure rise?

TOMEK
Old 07-09-2004, 04:49 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Is the V-AFC tuned? How old is the fuel filter? Have you had the injectors cleaned professionally? What fuel pump are you using?

What's so special about a Subaru boxer sound?
Old 07-10-2004, 03:32 AM
TOMSON

V-afc is tuned correctly and I was using for a year with no problem.
I change fuel filter and I have serial fuel pump.
I have change injectors from other engine wher they work ok.
Do you thing that this is fuel problem or electrical?