Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

if you are not confident on knowing how to fix your car ....

Old 07-07-2004, 01:47 PM
KAUAI KANE
91' Toyota Supra

Location: Iwakuni, Japan. And where ever the Marine Corps sends me
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default if you are not confident on knowing how to fix your car ....

just leave it up to the pro's.

Here is the scenario:

the 1990 nissan terrano (pathfinder) that i just bought like 2 months ago had a bad waterpump so i purchased the water pump figuring I could do it myself but i wasn't to sure how to do it on this truck so i asked a freind to help me ( he "CLAIMED"to know what he was doing) well after we replaced it along with the pump i replaced the belt & tensioner pulley. upon taking it apart my freind stripped the bolt that is right under the harmoinc balancer to the timing cover (thats only the begining of it all) upon starting to put it together he broke another bolt to the same cover (snapped the head of it off) and did not bother to tell me that he "somehow" made the driver side cam gear (passenger side for the u.s. versions)come off timing and did not bother telling me so when we finally put it together and i started it up the valves on that side started slapping the pistons so i immediatley shut it off and left the car for the next day. The next day i took it all apart myself and set the timing right on everything (by myself this time) and put it back together then started it up it ran good but there's always a catch......... it bogged when i stepped on the gas and it still leaked so i then parked it gave it to the service center on base and today hopefully i get it back..... and of course there was more wrong with it then i thought the piping and radiator was fawked so i had them replace the piping and rework the radiator... and here is the real kicker it all cost me 700 dollars :snap: ohh and believe me he is helping me pay for it sorry for the bad grammar i am horrible at it

p.s. they said the motor runs fine nothing went wrong but we will see when i get it
Old 07-07-2004, 02:09 PM
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant

Damn. It's a good thing you realized the timing was off.
Man. I should have joined the Marines instead of the Army. Japan would be much better than the middle east.
Old 07-07-2004, 02:13 PM
KAUAI KANE
91' Toyota Supra

Location: Iwakuni, Japan. And where ever the Marine Corps sends me

yeah but i still do have a chance of going there though and you do have a chance of comming here too. what is your MOS?