Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

B18C Wiring into 93 EX

Old 07-06-2004, 06:33 PM
ExiledinIN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B18C Wiring into 93 EX

Just want to just double check. I have a 93 ex and putting in a b18c.
all i do is the following:
1. remove wiring harness from D16Z6
2. remove wiring harness from b18c and set it aside
3. place wiring harness from d16z6 onto the b18c
4. add the two additional wires for the iab and knock sensor wire

Is this right?
Old 07-07-2004, 06:17 AM
cowanpp
Card carrying badass

I don't know, as I have not done one of these myself, but I don't think this is right. I believe that you connect the wiring harness from the B18C to the wiring harness for your car at the shock tower mount. Anyway, here's the link from the Civic forum, this should help.

http://www.c-speedracing.com/howto/b18cswap/swap.php
Old 07-07-2004, 09:47 AM
Andy
Hybrid Forum Moderator

Is the B18C1 a JDM engine or is the stock wiring harness cut or damaged? If it's a USDM engine with a complete harness, stick with the B18C1 harness. Your basically just going to plug the Integra harness into the Civic's in-car harness (wth the plugs along the shock towers) and do some small wiring. You EX will already have VTEC, but you'll need to add the knock sensor wire and assuming your '93 was the same as my '92 CX, just move the wire from A20 to A17 hook up the IAB's. The stock civic EVAP wire is now the Integra's IAB wire (worked fine for me). There was a small 2 wire plug on the passagner side harness (with my '95 OBD I B18C1 USDM swap) that was the Integras EVAP wires that I ran to A20 and B1 (or any swtiched 12v source).

'96+ Integras are OBD II but the harness are the same, just some extra plugs you won't have a plug in your civic harness for and will just remain unused, you will need an OBD I ECU however. A JDM engine you will need to remove the stock JDM harness (in Japan, cars are right hand drive so the battery/steering is reversed) and run the EX harness in it's place and add the same wires (probably have to run your own IAB wire since the EX harness won't have one). I would recommend get a sheet of paper and record where the plugs go and whatnot so you don't end up frustated when you can't figure out what goes where and you already removed the GS-R harness. A digital camera will help document where everything goes too.

'06 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Stock, for now
'98 Civic EX - CTR headlights and grill, Kosei K1's, for sale
'90 240SX - SR20DET that will never get installed, project car.
Old 07-07-2004, 03:18 PM
ExiledinIN

It's a JDM B18C. Ok thanks for the info. Seems like this info is scattered all over the place. A bit of info on one thread and more info on another thread. How about extending wires? Which sensors will need to be extended?
Old 07-07-2004, 08:33 PM
Andy
Hybrid Forum Moderator

I'm not really sure as I haven't done that exact setup (my engine was USDM). I'd imagine the O2 sensor is moved and there will probably be othere. That's why I recommend taking lots of pictures and notes so you know where everything goes when you have to put it together. If possible, stop by a local junk yard and see if you can pick up a D16Z6 harness cheap (local performance/swap shops might have a handful laying around too) so you can leave the one on your D16Z6 for reference will you wire the B18C. Any other quesitons, just ask away.

'06 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Stock, for now
'98 Civic EX - CTR headlights and grill, Kosei K1's, for sale
'90 240SX - SR20DET that will never get installed, project car.
Old 07-13-2004, 05:01 AM
ExiledinIN

Ok, got the harnesses all removed and placing the EX harness onto the B18C.

Stupid question. I know you have to add the knock and IAB wires to the engine harness that goes into the ECU. I am assuming that there are blank pins inside the wiring harness that I push out with pin removers and crimp those pins onto the wires, correct?