Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

troubles, turbo not spooling as usual then, "pop" - help!

Old 06-30-2004, 10:06 PM
GSRguy
I love my GS-R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default troubles, turbo not spooling as usual then, "pop" - help!

Man. I went to the stealership this morning and had an IACV installed, and a broken valve cover stud removed and replaced. I finally picked up my 'teg, left the parking lot and really pushed it 'cuz people wanted to hear the BOV. Anyway, just after shifting into second (I think, maybe later) about 25 yards up I hear "pop". Don't remember if it was before or after the "pop" but turbo didn't seem to be spooling as fast as usual and car didn't pull like it normally would. I immediately pulled over, popped hood, and saw a little bit of white smoke coming from in between the exhaust manifold, right down near the turbo (see pic below). Anyway, I carefully went back to dealership, and most visible hoses/lines, etc. but couldn't find anything wrong. Any suggestions on what this could be. I am currently home w/ my 'teg sitting inside the garage at the dealership. I don't really know what to do, or how to go about troubleshooting. I just find it odd that the car was running pretty well w/ no probs before the work was done, and then I leave the dealership and shit happens.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:47 AM
s1ngle
clutch slipping boost

its cause those bastard techs think its fun to take nice cars out and beat them to shit while you're not there.
Old 07-01-2004, 11:33 AM
GSRguy
I love my GS-R

i know, i don't like shady dealerships, but i don't think they drove it. odometer was only .2 miles more after i picked it up
Old 07-01-2004, 12:22 PM
s1ngle
clutch slipping boost

haha, way to check that. It probably wasnt taken for a joyride then, you can most likely eliminate that.
Old 07-01-2004, 12:23 PM
s1ngle
clutch slipping boost

you probably blew a charge pipe somewhere, make sure youre not leaking boost. Thats a cheap and easy solution if that is the problem.
Old 07-01-2004, 12:24 PM
s1ngle
clutch slipping boost

but if white smoke was coming from the location you specified, you could have blown your head gasket.