Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

no spark? 94 integra ls

Old 06-30-2004, 10:47 AM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no spark? 94 integra ls

my car crapped out on the way home from work last nite.... i was drivin along just fine (just bought a full tank 6 miles before) and the rpms dropped the car bogged a bit so i put the clutch in to downshift... when i put the clutch in, rpm's went to zero, popped the clutch back out and it went up again.... i got kinda nervous so i pulled over and the car hasnt started since...

i changed the fuel filter... it wasnt time by the book but when i emptied it, the gas inside was brown :nervous:

so after that, i put the fuel line in a jar, turned the key to on.... and the jar filled up with gas... the gas in the jar looked good no water droplets or anything.

changed the plugs and wires, gapped the plugs correctly, they are at about .041 and my owners manual recommends .039 to .043

so anyway the car turns, i know it is getting gas... it just isnt catching.... i unplugged one spark plug wire, took teh spark plug out and plugged it in, and had my mom turn the car over while i watched for spark... nothing.... i wasnt sure if i had to ground it so i did and still nothing.... so im thinking the distributor ignitor is dead, any suggestions?
Old 06-30-2004, 05:24 PM
cartuner

Try a new coil, same thing happened to me a while ago. No spark, got a new coil and it fired up.
Old 06-30-2004, 06:59 PM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

changed the whole distributor with one i had from a 92 parts car... fits right up.... gettin a spark now, getting fuel too.... still not running though it just wont fire... so i took the plugs out im lettin it air out in case its flooded, gonna try it again before i go to bed... here's hoping....
Old 07-01-2004, 05:43 AM
JimBlake

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Were the plugs wet? I had some that never fired right after getting flooded. They looked real good after I dried them out so I was too stubborn to put NEW ones in. When I finally did put new ones in, it started right up.
Old 07-01-2004, 02:26 PM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

that might be worth trying.... whats another 25 bucks instead of sending it to the pros.... maybe ill try that later...