Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

civic/integra exhaust

Old 06-28-2004, 06:48 PM
wambamcivic
Chester

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default civic/integra exhaust

Im wanting to put a catback exhaust on my 97 Civic with a 96 GSR swap, but not sure on which catback im suppose to buy. When we bolted my exhaust up to the GSR's exhaust manifold we had to drill a couple holes. So do I go with the Civic catback system or the Integra system?
Old 06-28-2004, 06:50 PM
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant

yikes.....drill... probably the gsr. lets see what the experts think.
Old 06-28-2004, 06:52 PM
TeHJuSTiN
NAM #0001

He's not running a catalytic converter because the HX has it built into the exhaust manifold. I personally said the Civic cat-back would be ideal.
Old 06-28-2004, 06:54 PM
wambamcivic
Chester

Originally Posted by TeHJuSTiN
He's not running a catalytic converter because the HX has it built into the exhaust manifold. I personally said the Civic cat-back would be ideal.

Yep
Old 06-28-2004, 06:56 PM
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant

cool. it's built into the manifold huh.... what a trip. i guess ya learn something everyday. mines a 94 so yeah... whatever will fit best I guess.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:29 PM
Andy
Hybrid Forum Moderator

You want the exhaust designed specifically for your car. With a catback system your basically concerned with the fitment of the exhaust canister with the rear bumper (specifically when concerned with hatchbacks). If your cars an HX and your just running the B-series exhaust manifold (header) into the stock catbacks flex joint, that should still work with an HX catback. I've never tried it myself but it stands to reason. I'm not sure what you had to drill though?

'06 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Stock, for now
'98 Civic EX - CTR headlights and grill, Kosei K1's, for sale
'90 240SX - SR20DET that will never get installed, project car.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:32 PM
wambamcivic
Chester

Originally Posted by Andy
You want the exhaust designed specifically for your car. With a catback system your basically concerned with the fitment of the exhaust canister with the rear bumper (specifically when concerned with hatchbacks). If your cars an HX and your just running the B-series exhaust manifold (header) into the stock catbacks flex joint, that should still work with an HX catback. I've never tried it myself but it stands to reason. I'm not sure what you had to drill though?
The two bolts that bolt the exhaust directly to the header, in my case since im not runnin a cat at the moment, were to close, so we had to drill a hole on each side of them so that the bolt pattern would fit the header