Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Hey guys...

Old 06-14-2004, 10:52 AM
theguy386
I am tehguy... OH YEAH!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey guys...

Sup hybrid people. I am now Hybrid :rockon:

just in case you havent visited the civic forum lately

But I have a few questions:

1) I'm running my stock D16Z6 ECU. How much will it affect my performance?

2) When driving around normally it will click sometimes when I shift. (sounds like its coming from the engine)

3) When making a slow left or right turn it will either click or sound like rubbing.

4) Also my car is not straight piped, but from 3K - 3 1/2K RPM's it sound like one of those straight piped cars that sound like a lawn mower.

For question 1 and 2: I have new axles, the only thing that I can think that might be causing that is the dummy shaft because I bought that at a junkyard and they werent sure if it would fit (damn swap didnt come with it ). It did fit, but not sure :thinking:
Old 06-14-2004, 02:03 PM
tommytoes
Driver

Well first off .. CONGRATS!!!
Now lets see if we can answer some q's
1) I'm running my stock D16Z6 ECU. How much will it affect my performance?
-ALOT you might as well still have the d16 in...jk but seriously it will affect things like the fuel map, redline, etc etc get a new one asap
https://passwordjdm.com/index.php?pa...c2d490712238ea
password jdm has the obd1 gsr p72 for about 250 or try and find one cheaper...but the stock ecu should be very temporary, cause like I said the fuel maps are very diff.

2) When driving around normally it will click sometimes when I shift. (sounds like its coming from the engine)
- might be the axles settling in mine did the same thing but if it continues to do it take it back to where ever you bought them, they should have a lifetime warranty at most places you buy them from.

3) When making a slow left or right turn it will either click or sound like rubbing.
-hmmm.......did you fill the tranny to where the gear oil was coming out of the fill hole??.....if so it might be the axles like I said above...

4) Also my car is not straight piped, but from 3K - 3 1/2K RPM's it sound like one of those straight piped cars that sound like a lawn mower.
-hmmmm no clue.. not gonna bs you.

And as for your last comment...DON'T assume just cause you bought the axles "new" that it means they are flawless... I returned 3 axle to autozone before I got a good one... 2 new ones and one rebuilt...But before you do that, if the intermediate shaft is at question try and take a pic of how it sits in the tranny and post it... try and take the pic from under the car if at all possible.

Those of us with swaps may be able to compare that pic to ours and tell you if it look right.
Old 06-14-2004, 10:07 PM
theguy386
I am tehguy... OH YEAH!!

Thanks, I'll take some under teh car pics in the morning :goodjob: