Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Help please....!!!

Old 06-05-2004, 05:12 PM
matr1xhawj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help please....!!!

My car has been acting weird lately. I have a 96 Integra GSR. Last week I was racing this one Eclipse and I floored first gear...seems like vtec was weak. It didn't kick in as hard as it use to. Seems like after 5800rpm...my car wasn't moving..then when I shift to Second gear at 8000rpm...my car Bogged like hell. Shooked about 3-4 times like engine died on me, and then it went after that. THen I looked at my cluster and I see that my ABS light is on. And after that...my brake seems to be very stiff and it took my car a long time to get to a complete stop. What could be the problem? help me out....thanks.
Old 06-06-2004, 03:04 PM
XSrcing

VTEC surging is usually caused by low oil level, and can put the car into limp mode. i dont know why your abs light would be on.
Old 06-06-2004, 10:19 PM
matr1xhawj

would low oil level make my car shake like that? I just changed my oil too, with 5w30 synthetic blend.

Also, what's the plug in the back of the engine? It looks green with something sticking out of it. Seems like nothing is plugged into it. ANd it's below the knock sensor. Help me out...
Old 06-07-2004, 06:18 PM
tommytoes
Driver

ummm I'm guessing that would be your oil pressure sensor....just go ahead and investigate the disappearance of that connector and see what happens..