Notices

I'm New

Old 05-17-2004, 04:56 PM
laura01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm New

Hi Everyone, I'm new to this forum. I have a 01 silver Honda Accord coupe, and I was checking out this site and found some cool topics, so I decided to join. I don't have any pics of my ride though, well I do but I'm in the process of completely changing everything on it. I'm putting it in the shop in about 2 weeks to get another kit on it....I have holes in my trunk where I took my wing off a few days ago, an invader rear bumper (not that good of shape ) and a black widow "urethane" front bumper... which I hate!! The paint does not stick well at all. I got the black widow II full body kit on it's way with the BBII wing as well, so I can't wait to hook it up. I'll have some tight pics then. Well Just wanted to say what's up to everyone on here
Old 05-17-2004, 05:04 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

Welcome, and hope the kit installs well.

Driving around on a BWII full kit, you got guts girls

So much money and fiberglass so low to the ground.
Old 05-17-2004, 05:11 PM
laura01

Hey I know, plus my car is already lowered , I must be crazy. Thanks for the welcome
Old 05-17-2004, 05:17 PM
Surfacing171
cb7 fanatic

Welcome to HAN! So you live in Biloxi huh? I am moving to Gulfport this thursday. Is this new kit made of urethane or is it fiberglass? I think the reason why your paint wasn't sticking to your other bumper is because it wasn't prepped right. I belive a special sort of adhesive has to be sprayed on to it so that the paint adhears better. Anyways, post up some pics of your ride if you can find a camera, or maybe I'll see you around down there. Peace.
Old 05-17-2004, 05:48 PM
laura01

Hi, Yeah you'll probably see me car driving around once you get to Gulfport. Actually I do have some pics of my car on a disk b4 I started changing the kit and stuff on it, I'll figure out how to post them. You're right, I don't think my bumper was prepped right b4 it was painted, on the bottom of it, it's cracking and peeling, It's also probably from me bottoming out in the parking garage at my job when I'm in a hurry ( not smart) well anyways thanks for the welcome
Old 05-17-2004, 06:00 PM
Surfacing171
cb7 fanatic

Originally Posted by laura01
Hi, Yeah you'll probably see me car driving around once you get to Gulfport. Actually I do have some pics of my car on a disk b4 I started changing the kit and stuff on it, I'll figure out how to post them. You're right, I don't think my bumper was prepped right b4 it was painted, on the bottom of it, it's cracking and peeling, It's also probably from me bottoming out in the parking garage at my job when I'm in a hurry ( not smart) well anyways thanks for the welcome
To post them you need an image hosting service like www.imagestation.com or www.we-todd-did-racing.com in order to upload the pictures online. When you want to post them on HAN you'll have to use image tags which will look like this [img] www.yourpictureurl.com [/img] and viola! You have pictures
Old 05-17-2004, 06:08 PM
laura01

okay thank you I will try
Old 05-17-2004, 06:27 PM
IamNemo
You know me...

Yeah Mississippi! I was born there! :thumbup:

The way urethane and abs plastic should be prepped is by sanding a little bit and with an adhesive promoter so that when they bend the paint stays put. That's from everything I've read on here at least.

And just for fun.......everyone point and laugh at the noob! :af:
Old 05-17-2004, 06:28 PM
laura01

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/we...MXk1NDE%3D.jpg
Old 05-17-2004, 06:28 PM
FLAT_LINER
Ridin Dirty

welcome to the site...