Notices

Help..

Old 05-12-2004, 11:14 AM
Aschen_Engel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help..

Alright, just posting to see how many people would actually be interested in helping out for a good cause. We all know what it's like to not have an operative vehicle or be in a wreck and lose the car we love...well..this happened to someone rather dear to me (talk about being depressed ), he was driving ont he highway, just glanced over for a split second and the moment he looked in front of him it was too late. He wrecked into the back of a mustang, totalling his 96 accord out :-( ..its now been since the early begining of feb. when the wreck happened..and yet he still hasn't been able to do get anything fixed, everything is so costly, and no junkyards have the parts he needs...he has a bit of frame damage that will cost him 2k just to fix...(I have the estimate..its crap)...I am just looking to see if anyone is willing to help out, he's in need of both front fenders, hood, power steering resevoir, front bumper, front windshield, front left headlight assembly w/wiring harness, front left corner, and the front rebar ..so far he has replaced the airbags..but thats about it..here are some pix of the damage..any help is very much appreciated..or any information on where to get these parts for cheap..colors do not matter..but if it comes white..even better..Thank you so much for your time and help...

Pic of the 96 ex sedan, 5-speed before the wreck...

After pix..from the wreck..

Being takin apart..

Old 05-12-2004, 05:33 PM
CD5Accord

There is yard up here in Wylie where I got my doors from. Kind of pricey but they got 5th gens there. I'm pretty sure I can get some parts for John. I need some parts too.
Old 05-12-2004, 05:38 PM
axemansean

Junkyard and a body shop will be your best friends. If you know anyone who owns a body shop they can do the work for pretty cheap. Also if they are a small time shop they might cut you a deal if you do some of the work. Also buy the parts yourself because most body shops put a 25% surcharge.
Old 05-12-2004, 05:39 PM
Bl@ck
Sinner

so what happened to the money from insurance?
Old 05-12-2004, 05:47 PM
wesside
2005 Evo Rs @24psi

Yea, when my hood flew up and smashed my windshield I got ins $$ to fix mine, and hooked myself up with a vis cf hood instead of a oem one