Notices
Drag Strip From the staging lanes to the finish line, this is the spot for on-track drag racing discussion.

Senior PJ on Street Racing.... need opinions!!!

Old 05-10-2004, 09:18 PM
Laosthaxgsr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Senior PJ on Street Racing.... need opinions!!!

Hello fellow HANers..... I;m a senior and im doin a senior project on Street Racing.... i post this topic up because i was too lazy to go to the races and interview ppls..... so i came here instead..... if u have some comments about street racing...holler at me aight??? here are some questions.....

1. why do you race?
2. do u prefer legal or illegal racing? why?
3. is it worth a ticket or ur life? why?
4. wen u go night racing, is it actually a race or messing with cops heads? why?
5. additional comments

but yeah i jus need any info......because i need this shiet to graduated and its the only thing on my checklist fo it.....so help a brotha out ...thanks peace
Old 05-10-2004, 10:25 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

First thing you should know: Honda-Acura.net is against street racing.

1) I race, at actual sanctioned drag strips because I like going fast and knowing what my car can do without risk in a legal environment.
2) Legal racing. It's safe, and legal. Go figure that one.
3) See 1 and 2. I've never been pulled over on an actual legal track. No police on private property.
4) See 1, 2, and 3.
5) If you street race and run into a tree, I hope you enjoy it. Don't come to HAN to ask us about street racing and imply we all do it. That's far from true. Besides, this has nothing to do with 92+ Civics, therefor it belongs in the basement.
Old 05-10-2004, 10:55 PM
Outxider
X-Motoring

1.i dont race really.
2.legal, so i dont have the fear of gettin caught and bein busted hard.
3.no its not worth a ticket or life. i would rather stay home and play gt3 and crash in the game rather then to race my pride and joy on the streets illegally worrying bout cops and causing accidents.
4.i went and watched and never once race on these night tracks, just watching it was good enough for me.
5.keep if off the streets and autocross is the shiznit compare to drag racing.

Originally Posted by Laosthaxgsr
Hello fellow HANers..... I;m a senior and im doin a senior project on Street Racing.... i post this topic up because i was too lazy to go to the races and interview ppls..... so i came here instead..... if u have some comments about street racing...holler at me aight??? here are some questions.....

1. why do you race?
4. wen u go night racing, is it actually a race or messing with cops heads? why?
5. additional comments

but yeah i jus need any info......because i need this shiet to graduated and its the only thing on my checklist fo it.....so help a brotha out ...thanks peace
Old 05-11-2004, 04:30 AM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

this is the most retarded and half assed way to do reasearch.
You'll get a great overall look across the nation, but hell, most of us keep it to the track. If you want to talk about street racing, head over to SHO.
Old 05-11-2004, 05:15 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's a good resource for you: https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...d.php?t=127220
Old 05-11-2004, 09:00 AM
Minami Kotaro

1. why do you race?
5. additional comments
1. I like to see how quick my car is and how good I am at getting a launch.

2. Legal. I don't like tickets, getting my license yanked, and higher insurance rates.

3. It is not worth a ticket and especially not my life. That should require no explanation.

4. Back when I did such things, I just wanted to see how many people I could beat.

5. Street racing gatherings were, in my experience, full of whiny bitches who would say brilliant things like, "You wouldn't have won if you didn't have more power and weigh less!" when you beat them. Nobody with really fast cars who were really interested in racing would show up, because they were smart enough to go to the strip and pay $12 to race legally all night and not deal with the idiots.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:44 AM
Nathan1234
Domestic Driving Asshole

1. why do you race?
Because it's fun.
Legal. There are too many retards swerving through traffic already. Besides, I'd either rape them (FWD import) or get raped (STi with a 5K AWD launch) between lights... not much in the way of close competition out there. Not to say I'm against a little empty highway fun up to 120 or so, but there is rarely an empty highway or anybody worth racing.
It's a balance of risks if I do race on the street. 99% of the time I get revved at by somebody, I give them a thumbs down and laugh because it's NOT even close to worth it just to stomp all over some retard that thinks 160 hp = fast. If I race on the highway (again, rare) it will be a WIDE OPEN area with no cop hidey-holes or traffic.
If you are referring to 'organized' street racing... those people are all dumb shits. I've seen them, and it makes me laugh. Like having 500 slow shitty cars lining a street in an industial area is somehow going to be inconspicuous. :af:
5. additional comments
None.
I HATE MINIMUM MESSAGE LENGTHS
Old 05-11-2004, 12:50 PM
Laosthaxgsr

hey this is good enough all i need is one page on dis....... im against it too.... dats y i never go.....thanks guys1!!!!!!
Old 05-11-2004, 12:51 PM
Laosthaxgsr

PS my topic is Nightlife: Street Racing, Dangers and consequences not Street Racing : the way of life. i didnt kno dat u cant talk bouts street racing in this site???? i never knew....but i thot this was a forum?

fo·rum ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fôrm, fr-)
n. pl. fo·rums, also fo·ra (fôr, fr)

The public square or marketplace of an ancient Roman city that was the assembly place for judicial activity and public business.
A public meeting place for open discussion.
A medium of open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper or a radio or television program.
A public meeting or presentation involving a discussion usually among experts and often including audience participation.
A court of law; a tribunal.

i thot dis was a democracy???? i guess the former HAN owner thinks dat the 1st amendment is "unlawful." hahah dis is just like MEET THE PARENTS "BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BA-BOMb". wel tak this "s-s--s-s street sweeeeep s--s-s--ss str----STRE---streeet racing!!" r u gonna arrest me yet? grrrrrrrrrrrr :thinking: :naughty: :lmfao: :driving:

wells dis is yalls site n im sorry for putting this topic up....i jus thot dat kummin herre was a great resource to find help....but i guess i was wrong.... im jus a high schooler dat jus wants to get his project done and graduate....i dunt care if these info r BS as long as i got sumthin on a paper im coo.... but this is not my site n i dunt own it and make da rules.....so my bad yalls fo disturbin da peace....
wells i still wanna b a member of this site because so many ppls giv me great feedbacks and dis is the onli forum i trust n go to.....but to read wat Kai up der had to say....OUCH!!!! wat a stab in da bacC? ....i dunt feel welcome ANY MORE....BUT ITS ALL GOOD i aint trippin..... cuz wen dey shove, its onli love....payce!
Old 05-11-2004, 04:25 PM
Laosthaxgsr

Oh hey may i suggest sumthin?????
HOW bouts tryin to put up a "HAN does not allow STREET RACING threads" banner o bolded text up on da forums page or sumthin.....then you wouldnt hAV TO DEAL wit dis no more??? becuause if i saw sumthin like dat i wouldnt bother to start a thread in dat toppic.....u see????

Quick Reply: Senior PJ on Street Racing.... need opinions!!!