Notices

help! airbag blew? how hard it is to replace?

Old 05-04-2004, 01:17 PM
rslsgsr
poor hungry dirt kid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help! airbag blew? how hard it is to replace?

i got into an accident and i am wondering how hard it is to replace the blown airbags. Is it just a pop out the old one and put in the new one? or there is more to it?
Old 05-04-2004, 01:34 PM
rslsgsr
poor hungry dirt kid

i did some reading... so if i just popped in some new ones... what else is there do do? resetting srs light? and anything else?
Old 05-04-2004, 03:06 PM
Meguel24
Platinum Plus Member

get one from a honda wholesaler and take it to your dealer. will take them 30 mins to install and about 45 bucks, why play with something thats made to save your life. I know my life is more important the $45 labor.
Old 05-04-2004, 03:30 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

In addition to the SRS airbag module, I think they'll also need to run a conductivity /continuity check on the SRS system wiring and possibly replace the accelerometer switches that trigger the airbags in teh first place. h:

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 05-04-2004, 07:56 PM
rslsgsr
poor hungry dirt kid

ok... let me recheck this... say i buy the driverside and passengerside from ebay say for about 75 bucks for both... all i have to do is drive down to the acura dealer and pay them 45 bucks.... if that's it... then HELL YEAH! gonna call up the dealer tomorrow and ask for the real price.... 45 bucks sound kind of cheap for a dealer you know....

yeah like dude said up above... replace some acething a ma jig... wouldn't that cost more? oh wells, the only sure way to know is to call and ask. thanks help alot...

by the way, i'm thinking of getting a jdm steering wheel and the passgener airbag tray thing... why do you guys think of that? ie. safety? does the dangers of the airbag outweight the dangers without an airbag?
Old 05-05-2004, 06:39 AM
Tobra

I have never liked airbags. They add weight and complexity that I don't feel is necessary. I have always worn my seatbelt, if airbags were all that, why are there no airbags in a race car?
Old 05-05-2004, 08:02 AM
theguy387

cant have a airbag and a detachable steering wheel at the same time so I guess Ill set safety aside and replace it with security.
Old 05-05-2004, 03:01 PM
Rumble

Originally Posted by Tobra
I have never liked airbags. They add weight and complexity that I don't feel is necessary. I have always worn my seatbelt, if airbags were all that, why are there no airbags in a race car?
Because they wear helmets and 4/5 point harnesses and rollcages.
Old 05-05-2004, 05:01 PM
qtiger

Originally Posted by Tobra
I have always worn my seatbelt, if airbags were all that, why are there no airbags in a race car?
Airbags are used in cars because the seat belts you wear are a compromise between comfort and safety. If you didn't sweat comfort, you'd be way safer in a non-reclinable seat with straps that lead behind you. Of course, you can forget rear seats.
Old 05-05-2004, 10:23 PM
DavE96GsR

i have a airbag + wheel out of a 96 integra gsr, indeed theguy i have the detachable peice from japan... very nice...

Quick Reply: help! airbag blew? how hard it is to replace?