Notices

Stock Stereo Missing Code

Old 05-04-2004, 11:15 PM
a1p2003

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Stereo Missing Code

Okay Guys hopefully someone can help. I recently had to replace the battery for a friend on her 98 EX Sedan. She purchased the car used so she does not have the owners manual. She called the Honda Dealer to see about the codes and they wanna charge her 85 bucks to find out the code for her. Does anyone no how she can go about getting the code for her stock stereo so she can listen to some beats on her long drive to Fresno. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-05-2004, 07:27 AM
mohamed_ibrah
Tech in Training

Didn't we just have a thread about this? Let me see if I can find it.

Here's one

Some say it's in the glove compartment

If you need to yank out the deck to take to a dealer to get the code, perhaps someone here can post instructions for ya. Some of the guys may be able to find something off the car to get the code, hopefully someone else can respond.

Ah hah!, here use this as a guide to get it out. Dealer SHOULD NOT, I repeat should not charge you to get a code if you bring the deck in yourself to the parts department, they simply should look up based on numbers off the back of your deck.
Old 05-05-2004, 04:06 PM
JayDub96

It take 5mins to take out the radio tops.
Get the serial number off the back of the radio and your dealer shoul be able to give you the code. I just did for a friend a month ago. He lent me the car last weekend and took out the registration out the glove box and in the envelope was that card everybody talks about. He went w/o a radio for like 3 weeks.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:51 AM
hondatech
Honda tech/eprom hackr

if you post the serial number on the back of the radio, I'll give you the code
Old 05-08-2004, 10:53 AM
D R E W

All of the Hondas/Acuras my brothers and myself owned the radio code was always found in the fuse box cover (turn the fuse box cover over and it's printed on a white sticker) located in the engine bay. Hopefully it's there and you won't have to go thru the hassle of pulling the radio out or paying the dealership.
Old 05-08-2004, 12:14 PM
hondatech
Honda tech/eprom hackr

Some dealerships have been putting the sticker there.
Here's the deal as I see it. Honda wants us to take the sticker/s (sometimes there are two to three) and at least put one on the radio code card. Then it's kinda in the air after that. Some dealers don't care some have a system. My dealer likes the extra sticker under the underhood fuse box cover. So in the end some ppl have the code some don't. I know we used to hide the stickers under cupholder's on Accord's
Alot of techs put them on the inside of the glove box. On like 2000 and up Acura's in the maintance log booklet that comes with the car it's suppose to be written in at PDI.
Hope that helps, if not pull it and post the serial number, i'll run it for you.
Old 05-12-2004, 02:54 PM
a1p2003

Default Serial Number for Radio Code

Okay people this is out of the glove box of my friends ACCORD. M97A208273

Hope this helps if there is any additional info you need for me to help you help me. Please let me know. Once again thanks for your time and assistance.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:01 AM
hondatech
Honda tech/eprom hackr

try 15216

forget I gave you that too.
Old 07-11-2004, 08:04 AM
Ocean_State

I pulled the radio from my 98 Acura and called the dealer with the serial number. They called me back with the five digit code after giving them my credit card number. Cost me $20 but was worth it to get my radio working again.
Old 07-11-2004, 10:04 AM
mohamed_ibrah
Tech in Training

Originally Posted by Ocean_State
I pulled the radio from my 98 Acura and called the dealer with the serial number. They called me back with the five digit code after giving them my credit card number. Cost me $20 but was worth it to get my radio working again.
That ain't cool, it's supposed to be free...at least I get for free.

Quick Reply: Stock Stereo Missing Code