Notices
Drag Strip From the staging lanes to the finish line, this is the spot for on-track drag racing discussion.

what would i run?

Old 05-04-2004, 10:06 PM
landrum13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what would i run?

im wondering about a quarter mile time.. ballpark for a 93 civic hatch
-The engine is a 96gsr bottom end with darton sleeves and is o-ringed for better seal.It has eagle rods and Endyn Rollerwave pistons.The compressions ratio is 13.2 and runs perfect on pump gas with the timing retarded 4degree's.Advance it to 16+ when you run race gas.The Oil pump gear is from Prodrive and helps get more oil to the engine at higher rpms.Its got a Clutch Master stage 3 clutch and Ultra light flywheel (7.5lbs)
-Head has full portflow Port and Polish Job and a special Valve job by Alaniz Tech.Its got Toda Valve springs and Toda B camshafts,Ferrera Valves,Jun retainers,Type R intake manifold.
-Toda specB Cams
Skunk2 Cam gears
Toda valve springs
Alaniz Valve work
Ferrera Valves
Jun Retainers
Endyn pistons/Eagle rods
Prodrive oil pump gear
B16a Tranny
DSM injectors
Type R manifold
Chipped ECU
ApexI VAFC
Darton Sleeve work
CM stg3 clutch
CM ultra light flywheel

i am looking at buy this from a guy and he claims it wikll be a 12 second car but i wanna know what you guys think?
Old 05-05-2004, 10:11 AM
Nathan1234
Domestic Driving Asshole

Looks like somebody wasted a lot of money on that engine. It will probably run high 12's with great traction (read:slicks) and maybe gain a tenth with race gas, but it will also probably get 10 mpg and be a pain to drive.
How much is he asking?
Old 05-05-2004, 10:19 AM
txhatch
I hate 2003 Noobs.

That compression is a little sketchy on pump gas. Even with the timing retarded it better be tuned really really well.
Old 05-05-2004, 10:22 AM
txhatch
I hate 2003 Noobs.

Originally Posted by Nathan1234
Looks like somebody wasted a lot of money on that engine. It will probably run high 12's with great traction (read:slicks) and maybe gain a tenth with race gas, but it will also probably get 10 mpg and be a pain to drive.
How much is he asking?

Uhh high 12's? It would probably be in the mid 12's on street tires. If the setup is built as well as it sounds it should be making 220+whp. That in a stripped eg hatch would be very potent.

Also if you do get it, get some straight up 440 injectors like rc's and hondata. I dont see why the guy spent all the money but skipped a nice fuel management.
Old 05-05-2004, 11:08 AM
landrum13

he was gonna do more to it but hes had theft problems and other things so hes not gonna do anythign else to it, he wants 8k with rims and a carbon fiber hood. He was saying something about if you change something with the tuning and run race gas it runs alot faster which makes since.
Old 05-05-2004, 04:29 PM
Nathan1234
Domestic Driving Asshole

What about:
Header
Exhaust
Fuel
Car weight
Suspension mods
Tire/Wheel size/weight

Assuming it's race weight is about 2450 and it does make around 220 whp on race gas, it's still not going to get into the 12's on street tires. It's front wheel drive. Front wheel drive + power = shitty 60' times.
Old 05-07-2004, 06:04 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this thread has been cleaned up by your friendly neighborhood Super Mod - if you have a problem with it, you can PM me. Let's keep it on topic fellas.

Originally Posted by Nathan1234
What about:
Header
Exhaust
Fuel
Car weight
Suspension mods
Tire/Wheel size/weight

Assuming it's race weight is about 2450 and it does make around 220 whp on race gas, it's still not going to get into the 12's on street tires. It's front wheel drive. Front wheel drive + power = shitty 60' times.
I run 12's on street tires (not drag radials for the 'idiots' out there :fawk: ). :dunno:

It is harder to do on an N/A motor though and I'd also assume that it's harder to drive a 13.2:1 (or whatever it was) motor daily.

I'm always warey of someone elses work and don't know if I'd drop the coin for it. Motor sounds like it has a lot of time/money invested. You just can never be sure what all is going on with it. As said above though, it does need a good fuel management system and I back Hondata fully.
Old 05-07-2004, 10:50 AM
TeHJuSTiN
NAM #0001

Originally Posted by westcoaststyle
I run 12's on street tires (not drag radials for the 'idiots' out there :fawk: ). :dunno:
Yes but you're also making more than ~220whp. Then again you're sedan (Ferio if you will) weighs a bit more than the hatch.
Old 05-07-2004, 03:40 PM
txhatch
I hate 2003 Noobs.

Originally Posted by TeHJuSTiN
Yes but you're also making more than ~220whp. Then again you're sedan (Ferio if you will) weighs a bit more than the hatch.

220whp NA and 220whp turbo are very different. The NA is going to run faster with even drivers. I say 12's on street tires is very possible with that much power NA in a 2200-2500lb hatch.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:13 AM
Minami Kotaro

Originally Posted by txhatch
220whp NA and 220whp turbo are very different. The NA is going to run faster with even drivers.
I don't know about that. The turbo would have way more torque through its RPM range, unless it was grossly oversized with tons of subsequent lag. I've seen plenty of twin-turbo 302 'Stangs beat big-block Camaros with about the same power.

My turbo Bug and Dad's aspirated Bug both make about the same power but mine is quicker and has higher trap speed. Dad is a better driver and our cars weigh about the same.

Quick Reply: what would i run?