Notices

what would you pick?

Old 05-04-2004, 02:30 PM
accord_coupe01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what would you pick?

This is for a 6gen coupe 4cyl. Whats better Koni yellow with H&R sport, Neuspeed sport, or used ground controls all are about the same price. I currently have H&R race definately not a comfortable setup. Basically I"m looking for the lowest drop that will provide maximim comfort. please help me out.
Old 05-04-2004, 02:49 PM
Bl@ck
Sinner

Originally Posted by accord_coupe01
This is for a 6gen coupe 4cyl. Whats better Koni yellow with H&R sport, Neuspeed sport, or used ground controls all are about the same price. I currently have H&R race definately not a comfortable setup. Basically I"m looking for the lowest drop that will provide maximim comfort. please help me out.
the neuspeed and H&R sport are basically the same springs, except for a slight difference in drop. they're a pretty comfy ride as well
Old 05-04-2004, 03:01 PM
SWOOSHER21
Fight Rice

im going with koni yellows with h&r sport. from what ive heard, its a great setup. im not lookinf for a slammed ride by any stretch, but just something with a subtle drop to remove some of the wheel gap, as well as reduce some body roll. hopefully that helps you out a little, not too sure what type of ride you are looking for as far as the amount of drop goes.
Old 05-04-2004, 03:03 PM
azian21485

if you want a very large drop with a good ride..then you can call ground control and ask for a custom spring rate....altho it'll be kinda hard to get a low drop without a high spring rate..

hnr sport are far superior than neuspeed because over time neuspeed will sag..hnr won't..both provide a 1.75 drop too..so you'll be sitting a lil higher than your race springs gave you
Old 05-04-2004, 04:01 PM
Mr Hyde
Accord Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by azian21485
hnr sport are far superior than neuspeed because over time neuspeed will sag..hnr won't..both provide a 1.75 drop too..so you'll be sitting a lil higher than your race springs gave you
H&R Sports & neuspeed Sports are the same exact spring, made by the same manufacturers. Id get the Sports & Konis. Actually for the price, ID get real Tein Coilovers with adjustable Damping.

The TL-S / The 540i
Old 05-04-2004, 04:44 PM
jschmid

Originally Posted by Mr Hyde
H&R Sports & neuspeed Sports are the same exact spring, made by the same manufacturers. Id get the Sports & Konis. Actually for the price, ID get real Tein Coilovers with adjustable Damping.
He'd still have adjustable (rebound adjustable) shocks with the yellows...but the Teins have the nice option of easy height adjustment.

I have the H&R sports with Koni Yellows. I like it...a nice balance of handling and everyday ride quality. I keep the shocks on full soft for everday, and crank them up a bit for a drive out on the twisties.
Old 05-04-2004, 04:44 PM
IamNemo
You know me...

KYB AGX's and H&R Sports or Neuspeed (whichever is cheapest) is what I'll probably be doing. KYB's are alot cheaper than Koni's and from everything I've heard provide just as good of a ride.
Old 05-04-2004, 09:09 PM
accord_coupe01

Do neuspeeds really sag? they drop 1.9 and 1.8 vs. h&r 1.5 and 1.2, the lower drop is the only reason I am considering them. I wish H&R had a specific spring rate, like neuspeeds do, F285 R185. Neuspeed's specs are actually super close to that of tein Stech but people say they sag.
Old 05-04-2004, 09:41 PM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

whuudda bout teins s-tech?
Old 05-04-2004, 10:09 PM
azian21485

Originally Posted by Mr Hyde
that was true in the past..they no longer have the same manufacturers..atleast from what i've heard...also i've never heard anyone complaining about hnr's sagging but people with neuspeed are complaining about the springs sagging over time..but rumors are rumors i guess

Quick Reply: what would you pick?