Notices

Titanium Muffler

Old 05-03-2004, 07:36 PM
dhave3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Titanium Muffler

Has anyone bought a titanium muffler from 4caroption.com? I have a super street magazine and it's only $65, i think that's pretty cheap.

Does anyone has this on their car?
How does it sound?
Any pros and cons with titanium?

I know it's just a muffler but if i get one i'm going to have custom piping. So anyone that's just gonna tell me to just get Greddy full exhaust i don't even want to hear about it. I'm not gonna spend around $450 for a full exhaust.
Old 05-03-2004, 09:42 PM
polakatl

u will also need at least one resonator. Preferably from magnaflo. Two resonators would be a wiser decision. Don't be suprised if ur car ends up sounding like a fart can.
Old 05-04-2004, 09:39 AM
dhave3

See, i'm not into fixing up my car as much anymore. If i'm gonna spend money on a vehicle i'd rather spend it on a T.V. screen on my Denali. And i had a muffler put on a few years ago and it doesn't sound like sh!t or sound like fart as long as you have an upgraded header with it, it sounds ok. Well it's not a canister muffler so i guess it really depends.

Anyone else?
Old 05-04-2004, 03:46 PM
polakatl

Originally Posted by dhave3
See, i'm not into fixing up my car as much anymore. If i'm gonna spend money on a vehicle i'd rather spend it on a T.V. screen on my Denali. And i had a muffler put on a few years ago and it doesn't sound like sh!t or sound like fart as long as you have an upgraded header with it, it sounds ok. Well it's not a canister muffler so i guess it really depends.

Anyone else?

What r u talking about? First u want to get a custom exhaust with the muffler u mentioned, and now u are not into modifing ur car. I was saying u can't just get a straight pipe through that muffler. U will need resonators to keep the sound managable.
Do u want to attach the muffler to the stock exhaust? Maybe thats what u meant.
Old 05-05-2004, 09:24 AM
dhave3

I meant i don't have a canister muffler right now, it's an oval shape muffler. So it sounds okay.

But i'm thinking of getting Titanium muffler, then custom piping.
Old 05-05-2004, 09:34 AM
dhave3

And what i'm trying to say that i don't want to spend $500 on a full exhaust, thats why i'm trying to go on a cheaper route. And again i'd rather spend that much money on something else. And when i say i'm not into modifying my car as much i meant not into hybrid stuff, you know like turbo or engine swap, i just want my car to look nice and simple, and sound simple if possible.
Old 05-06-2004, 04:10 PM
SpecialED

Originally Posted by dhave3
Has anyone bought a titanium muffler from 4caroption.com? I have a super street magazine and it's only $65, i think that's pretty cheap.

Any pros and cons with titanium?

I know it's just a muffler but if i get one i'm going to have custom piping. So anyone that's just gonna tell me to just get Greddy full exhaust i don't even want to hear about it. I'm not gonna spend around $450 for a full exhaust.
Titanium alloys are corrosion free, very lightweight, flexible (high fatigue resistance) and very strong. Other than being difficult to weld, there are no cons with titanium alloys, other than price, which makes it very, very hard to believe that it's really a titanium muffler. More likely, it's a "titanium-style tip" muffler made from the lowest grade stainless steel they can find in Taiwan . . .

Consider this -

Titanium bicycle frame - bare minimum, $900-3,000 ($900 for really, really cheap stuff)

http://www.excelsports.com/new.asp?p...ajor=2&minor=1

REAL Titanium Greddy exhaust for a Supra - $800-1000 -

http://www.hopupracing.com/grfutiextosu.html

What are the chances of a real titanium muffler being sold at retail for $65 (where the mark-up is typically around 100%)?

In any case, it doesn't matter - the sound quality of your exhaust system is going to depend more on -

1) whether you have a catalytic convertor or not
2) whether you've gutted that cat or not
3) whether you have a resonator or not
4) how big and long that resonator is

- not the muffler itself, as long as you're comparing like-diameter straight-through mufflers of similar size and length.
Old 05-06-2004, 05:40 PM
6genx
Swami

....Rice Rice Baby.... What ever floats your boat man....I personally despise anything that would have Folgers for a name on the side of it. JMHO
Old 05-06-2004, 07:35 PM
Intrepid241

this is just funny
Old 05-07-2004, 01:20 PM
ODUB
Banned

folgers exhaust? that's almost as bad as meagan.....now dont get me wrong, folgers can make one mean cup of coffee, but i dunno if i'd trust them with the exhaust system on my honda...shit, it might be a foil coated coffee can...if it smells like juan valdez, send it back... i should just come up with ODUB turbo's and make a killing :werd:

Quick Reply: Titanium Muffler