Notices

need advice on what to paint quick.

Old 05-03-2004, 03:50 PM
magna77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need advice on what to paint quick.

I have to get my car painted. I backed into a truck. Long story. Anyway I have a 97 4 door EX (LX in US) with 17's, air intake, tinted windows, strut bar, clear lenses, the usual mods. Anyway, here is the question. Do I paint the factory bottom side, rear and front skirts as well? It is only going to cost me an extra $50.00 and I am already getting the black side moldings done for sure. Then as I was taking my clear lenses out in the front I thought, should I get the black peice of the bumper (bottom grill) painted the same as the car as well? Then I took the top grill out and I realized that you can unscrew the chrome from the black plastic (which is faded). So then I thought do I paint that the same as the car and leave the chrome? :thinking: So basically the whole car would be all one color, with no black plastic or do I leave the factory skirts, and grille or paint just the skirts? I need help deciding quickly as I have to tell the painter by tomorrow. I am just going to paint it the factory color. (goldish silver) Has anyone ever done this and what did it look like? Thanks,
Old 05-03-2004, 04:51 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 5th GEN's look good with the side skirts painted.
I'd also do the lower front lip shield and the rear lower accent to match.
Get the door handles and door guards too.

But I would replace the OE grill and leave the stock lower grill OE.
You need some contrast.