Notices
View Poll Results: Eibach Sportline/Koni "Neuspeed" Yellow or A'PEXi WS?
Eibach Sportline/Koni "Neuspeed" Yellow
75.00%
A'PEXi World Sport Coilovers
25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Eibach Sportline/Koni "Neuspeed" Yellow or A'PEXi WS?

Old 04-30-2004, 11:46 AM
kamozee
Black2GAccord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eibach Sportline/Koni "Neuspeed" Yellow or A'PEXi WS?

I currently have Tein SS on my accord right now and I am not satisfied with the ride height. I have about a 2 finger gap up front. I want a 0 to 1 finger gap in the front and a 1 finger gap in the back. The ride quality of the Tein's are amazing. Not as stiff as I like it but great for comfort.

I wanted to know if I should get the A'PEXi WS full coilover kit which lowers 0-4" or get the Eibach Sportline springs and match them with the neuspeed edition of koni yellows.

The spring/shock combo will be about $100USD more expensive. I have factored the pros/cons of both and come up with this.

The springs/shocks will give a static height. No need to guess how high/low to adjust. They also are a good ride quality. I used to have this setup before deciding to go for coilovers. The problem with this setup is for winters, I would have to take out the suspension completely and go back to stock suspension. This is a costly procedure to make every 6 months. Another good thing about eibach is they make progressive springs. So the ride quality will always be best.

Coilovers will give me the option to go a little lower or a little higher until I have it set where I like it. I can raise them for winters without a problem, and it costs nothing to do so except for alignment (which I have to get done anyway with any suspension change). Problem as stated before is guessing where to place it - it could be off just a tad. Another thing is I don't know how the ride quality is. I've only ridden on the Tein and the spring/shock above. I have no idea how harsh the ride is with the A'PEXi

I'm running 18x7.5" rims with 225/40/18 rubber. So, I wanted to have a comfortable ride with the height that I'm aiming for.

Thanks!
Old 04-30-2004, 06:47 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

A 0-1finger gap in the front running your current rims is likely going to result in tire rubbing when corning hard on the inner plastic fender lip.

I run into this with Prokits and Koni's if I'm not careful.

Schmiddy runs H&R sports all winter long in Ohio with out an issue, how low are you now?
Old 04-30-2004, 10:44 PM
polakatl

if u buy an extra set of endcaps which are really cheap then u can easily switch out suspension. Just keep both sets put together and the rest is just a few bolts. I vote for eibach
Old 05-01-2004, 12:50 AM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont get it, n the info about how much can u drop for tein ss is 0-4 or around theere, tein ss is full coilovers i didnt think u can do better for the price. anything lower than 2.5 front or back is just crazy unless u dont drive.
Old 05-03-2004, 03:50 PM
accord_coupe01

possibly interested in your tein ss coilover, I want to switch from koni yellow/h&r race setup, which i only had for a few weeks. If anyone is interested in H&R race and Koni neuspeed edition almost new.
Old 05-03-2004, 04:12 PM
kamozee
Black2GAccord

I've decided not to change anymore. UltraMagneticAL from SuperHonda said that I could get a different spring set for the SS from tein that'll go lower and stiffer.