Notices

OBD2 -> OBD1

Old 04-29-2004, 08:55 PM
DarkSideAccord
Chidori-chan :love:

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OBD2 -> OBD1

how hard is it?? how much will it cost?? and will it interfere with emissions?? interfere as in failing emission testings and such... i know it's do-able, but nobody has posted anything abt this (or at least in detail)

i'm thinking of doing this b4 slapping on a turbo on my 6th gen I4....
Old 04-30-2004, 07:42 PM
accordvtec77

yeah it can be done, but it's illegal. And you'll find out how illegal it is when you try and smog the car. Every last shop knows that 96 and on vehicles have to comply with OBDII. As part of the smog nowadays, testers check what's known as the readiness codes. If they're not set, or not detected, it's an automatic failure, and the B.A.R. is notified of the modification. So I'd say leave it alone.
Old 04-30-2004, 10:46 PM
polakatl

Originally Posted by accordvtec77
yeah it can be done, but it's illegal. And you'll find out how illegal it is when you try and smog the car. Every last shop knows that 96 and on vehicles have to comply with OBDII. As part of the smog nowadays, testers check what's known as the readiness codes. If they're not set, or not detected, it's an automatic failure, and the B.A.R. is notified of the modification. So I'd say leave it alone.

Its cool if ur place doesn't have emission testing. Believe it or not there are many places stil laround that have no emissions. Its wrong, but cool for modifications.
Old 04-30-2004, 10:59 PM
DarkSideAccord
Chidori-chan :love:

damn.... i wish i could get rid of the obd2 on my car cos OBD1 is way better in terms of performance.... oh well, guess i gotta boost with just the obd2....
Old 05-01-2004, 06:47 AM
AznBadAss92LX

thats cool roy, if your gonna turbo your 4cyl 6g, i would suggest talking to this guy in our club...his name is dracord...he could tell u all about it....he has a kit and runs aem ems

you should post more on our board...
Old 05-01-2004, 12:33 PM
hondatech
Honda tech/eprom hackr

They don't ness. check readness codes. I don't know where you are that they do that, I mean not all readness codes are met first trip or if the vehicle never meets the critria to run the monitor it will not set a readness code.

If it wasn't detected I would agree with you on that part. However, I have never seen a smog tech run a scanner on an obd2 car during a basic smog test where I live. It's usually a check of the dash light at start up, the light must go back off. Then they inspect under the hood, timing, EGR operation, etc. Then the run it on the dyno.

Where r u at? I know in Oregon they just scan the obd2 dlc connector for codes and if no codes they pass it.
Old 05-02-2004, 06:20 PM
accordvtec77

Originally Posted by hondatech
They don't ness. check readness codes. I don't know where you are that they do that, I mean not all readness codes are met first trip or if the vehicle never meets the critria to run the monitor it will not set a readness code.

If it wasn't detected I would agree with you on that part. However, I have never seen a smog tech run a scanner on an obd2 car during a basic smog test where I live. It's usually a check of the dash light at start up, the light must go back off. Then they inspect under the hood, timing, EGR operation, etc. Then the run it on the dyno.

Where r u at? I know in Oregon they just scan the obd2 dlc connector for codes and if no codes they pass it.
I live in North SD County, California. The main thing HERE, is that BASIC smog tests are being replaced all over the state. It might not be the case in Oregon, but here it's becoming mandatory to do I/M 240 testing (with a Dyno). As part of that test, readiness codes are checked. Maybe slowly, but surely, the new smog laws and testing will be implemented all over the country. At least this is the case at the Honda dealer I work at. I asked our smog tech what a test consisted of, and it does include checking the readiness codes. But that's just here, for now.
Old 05-08-2004, 07:25 AM
pkspx

http://66.197.71.43/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5361

Thats the honduh.com webbpage currently were having site domain problems just use the above link its all about the conversion. Thanks ~ PKSPX