Notices

what r some good 6gen catbacks that r great for TURBO (no customs)

Old 04-24-2004, 09:32 PM
johneyou

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what r some good 6gen catbacks that r great for TURBO (no customs)

i have decided to start saving money for an fmax turbonetics kit on my 00 lx f23a4 engine
there is also a t25 garrett but i read that it is smaller, anyone have xperience with this? i have just heard more about FMAX accords and that is why i am going with that

(btw does the ulev on my accord affect anything? would it be the same as if i was turboing an f23a1?)

-----------------------------------------------------

MY QUESTION is : I am going to buy a cat back exhaust system this summer (before going thru with actually buying the turbo) what do you guys recommend for my car ? ---considering that i am going to turbo it later---
(something i can keep for later and something that will work well together with forced induction)

i dont want to get a custom catback i just want to buy a brand name one.
what diameters should i look for? ive heard recommendations of 3 inch, but are there 3 inch catback systems for accords? if not (since i am not going to do custom for sure) is 2.5 ok? or what?

any recommendations?

ive learned a lot about turbos just today haha kinda newb though and i jsut decided to forget my plan for buying dc headers
Old 04-25-2004, 05:22 PM
2kAccord

From what I understand the only difference between the f23a1 and the ulev f23a4 is the exhaust manifold. The a4 is more restrictive but somehow aids in reducing emissions.That is why the ULEVs are rated at 148hp instead of 150. Replacing this with a header or turbo manifold should make both the engines identical. Ive driven both motors and have not noticed a difference, as I have an f23a4 myself. For a catback exhaust the only sugestion I have is go full stainless steal, so it will last.
Old 04-25-2004, 05:22 PM
polakatl

Ckeck out invidia exhausts. The one I have is 60mm. I don't think U will find a 3in catback thats not custom. If u search invida in the accor dforum my threads should pop up with pix and all. Really a nice exhaust and its not really expensive.
Old 04-27-2004, 03:12 PM
DjC

hey man, i take it your in california.
you know there biatches, make sure you plan on how to pass smog before going any furthar.