Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

Chevy Cobalt SS

Old 04-01-2004, 11:18 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wing is way overdone, interior is EXTREMELY bland/unimaginative, seats appear to have no lateral bolstering, red crap on the door panels looks cheap and tacky, not to mention that the silver trim around the window switches reflects off the hard glossy plastic

Very, very, very unimpressive.
Old 04-01-2004, 01:05 PM
Adröck
www.adamepp.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I somehow forgot the most important pic.

I guess i'm the only one that was suprised that it looks good. Sure it may not be 100% perfect...but compare it to ANYTHING GM has ever done in this segment!

*shutters*thinks about cavalier*shutters*
Old 04-01-2004, 01:17 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

"This segment" being what exactly? If you mean a factory tuner compact GM hasn't ever done anything in this segment asie from the Saturn Ion Red Line. I mean maybe you could count the Cavalier Z24 but I wouldn't.
Old 04-01-2004, 01:28 PM
Adröck
www.adamepp.com

By "this segment" I mean any and every compact or small car they have ever made. You all might say thier efforts have been wasted by using cliche wheels and a pepboys interior coloring kit, but atleast they are putting forth an effort. Im usually on the side which bashes GM, and I dont love everything they did on this vehicle....but it's 1000 paces in the right direction. that is all.
Old 04-01-2004, 02:00 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Oh and not like it matters but here are more/larger photos.

*edit* There appear to be some interior trim differences, with my pictures looking decidedly cheaper. I wonder which one is the production version?

Last edited by MrFatbooty; 04-01-2004 at 02:02 PM.
Old 04-01-2004, 02:07 PM
Adröck
www.adamepp.com

The last picture you show has a black center stack face....which is currently what all "regular" cobalts will have....the Silver in the first set looks so much better....but I dont know what will make it on the SS.
Old 04-01-2004, 02:17 PM
Adröck
www.adamepp.com

Detroit News:

GM REACHES OUT TO TUNER ENTHUSIASTS
Supercharged Chevy Cobalt SS will hit dealers' lots in fall

Hoping to boost small car sales, General Motors Corp. is wheeling out a host of toys for tuners, including a supercharged version of the upcoming Chevrolet Cobalt that goes on sale this fall.

The automaker also plans to take the wraps off a supercharger kit for the Pontiac Sunfire and Chevrolet Cavalier at the International Auto Salon in San Diego, Calif.

The 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged Coupe will feature a 205 horsepower Ecotec 2.0 liter, supercharged four-cylinder engine and five-speed transmission.

The car rides on 18-inch wheels and performance tires.

“The Cobalt SS Supercharged Coupe was developed to appeal to the tuner enthusiast,” Pete Langenhorst, Chevrolet Cobalt marketing director, said in a statement.

Pricing will be announced in the fall, the company said.

The new Cobalt line includes a sedan and coupe and replaces the Cavalier, which goes out of production in October.

For those looking to give their Chevy Cavalier and Pontiac Sunfire some added oomph, an Ecotec 2.2 liter supercharger kit will be available through GM dealerships at the end of the year.

GM estimates the kit will deliver an 11-pound boost, resulting in 175 horsepower at 5600 rpm— a 25 percent increase.

Pricing hasn’t been set.

------------------
Seems like they could have got more out of the thing than 205hp?!?
Old 04-01-2004, 02:59 PM
04 Acura TSX
DOHC iVTEC Power!

I am not really impressed with it....like everyone said it has a lot of cheapness and copying of other cars.
Old 04-01-2004, 05:24 PM
RB26DETT
Eagles > NFL

drop that bish
Old 04-01-2004, 06:01 PM
More&Faster

i have to say it doesnt look as bad as it could have, but its still fugly. and ya mike, that dash is seriously straight out of a VW. but theres nothing genuine or unique about this car at all, and thats why it sucks.

Quick Reply: Chevy Cobalt SS