Notices
Drag Strip From the staging lanes to the finish line, this is the spot for on-track drag racing discussion.

How can I Beat a Supercharged mustang?

Old 03-29-2004, 05:42 AM
Zach_22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How can I Beat a Supercharged mustang?

I have a 98' Civic EX with A D-16 Sohc. Totally stock I want to beat a 93 Mustang GT with a 306 that makes about 380 rwhp and runs mid 11's.
How much will it cost to accomplish? I have A B-18 B that I payed $750 for already. The main question is will it be cheaper to build a mustang to do battle or an import?
Old 03-29-2004, 05:46 AM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

It's cheep as hell to build a Rustang.. but where is teh fun in that. I love seein 4cyl tear up v8's... it's like heaven!!!
Old 03-29-2004, 05:48 AM
utdavid

I love imports but for this one im gonna have to say get a Mustang.FWD turbo is alot of fun but RWD superchaged with more torque than you know what to do with is beyond fun.The gains from adding small mods on a v8 are alot bigger tha most bigger mods on a 4 banger.
Old 03-29-2004, 05:55 AM
Zach_22

If I do this will it be enough to set me back in the seat. Will it be as fun as driving a mustang?
Old 03-29-2004, 06:36 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Beat a Supercharged Mustang? Easy.

1) Sell the Civic.
2) Buy a Mustang/Camaro/RX-7/DSM, etc.
3) Put a bigger supercharger or turbo on it with supporting mods.
4) Cry when the credit card bill arrives.
Old 03-29-2004, 07:04 AM
monicle
Repo.Jackmoves.Com

you know what they say. "if you have to ask ......"
Old 03-29-2004, 07:57 AM
TeHJuSTiN
NAM #0001

Originally Posted by Kai
Beat a Supercharged Mustang? Easy.

1) Sell the Civic.
2) Buy an AWD DSM
3) Put a bigger supercharger or turbo on it with supporting mods.
4) Cry when the credit card bill arrives.
Fixed it for you
Old 03-29-2004, 10:50 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

if drag racing is the biggest concern a fwd 4 cylinder is one of the poorest platforms to work with (weight transition away from driving wheels & lack of low end torque honda 4 cylinder)...the only advantage you have is weight...it's not worth pouring in thousands into a fwd drag car unless you are competing

ignore your buddy and go to autox or do some track events...your car can outhandle that overweight 20 year old platform any day of the week and with track racing you will always be in the upper rpms and the appropriate powerband for your engine
Old 03-29-2004, 04:07 PM
Nathan1234
Domestic Driving Asshole

To answer your question about which is cheaper.... come on. Do you really have to ask? You'll spend WAY less than half as much to put a 5.0 reliably in the 11's than you will to put ANY honda there.
Originally Posted by jaje
ignore your buddy and go to autox or do some track events...your car can outhandle that overweight 20 year old platform any day of the week and with track racing you will always be in the upper rpms and the appropriate powerband for your engine
If you really want to keep the honda... scratch the 'track events' off that list unless you like getting severly owned. You'll do ok in an autocross (if you have an upgraded suspension), but that is only if you are a decent driver.
Old 03-29-2004, 04:21 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

Originally Posted by Nathan1234
To answer your question about which is cheaper.... come on. Do you really have to ask? You'll spend WAY less than half as much to put a 5.0 reliably in the 11's than you will to put ANY honda there.

If you really want to keep the honda... scratch the 'track events' off that list unless you like getting severly owned. You'll do ok in an autocross (if you have an upgraded suspension), but that is only if you are a decent driver.
kinda funny b/c my pr5 wagon with only 180whp quite easily eats up any stock gt or camaro z28 or ws6 at road events (and they have much greater stock hp)...reason is my 2800lb car is so much easer to turn and exit a corner and i have the power to maintain a lead on the straights...even my old 94 accord ex sedan with an intake and exhaust would run similar track times as a stock gt mustang...in the straights they were faster but braking and cornering a lightweight car has a distinct advantage

Quick Reply: How can I Beat a Supercharged mustang?