Notices

Problem with brake indicator light

Old 12-02-2003, 05:58 PM
ITR0184

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had anyone ran across this problem. My brake indicator light stays on after I release the parking brake. It will stay on for a few miles then go off. It only does it after it has been sitting over night or longer. I thought that it might be the limit switch on the E brake sticking until I was driving and the indicator light was off then popped on all of a sudden. Brake fluid level is fine so is pad wear. I thought about taking it to the dealer because it is still under warranty, but the closest dealer is 70 miles away. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.
Old 12-02-2003, 07:09 PM
5-Lug

Even though your brake level is fine, you might wanna fill it up to the rim. Read my post about the same problem http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3139 My brake fluid was full put I but more in anyway and it solved the problem. Hope it helps.
Old 12-02-2003, 07:31 PM
Dave-ROR

besides fluid, the other most common cause of this is a bad sensor in the res. cap. The new cap is like $25 (or free if you're under warranty).
Old 12-03-2003, 12:56 PM
Champ R

I've had the same problem before, and after taking the cap off and inspecting the fluid, the level was fine. I merely cleaned off some of the gunk on the res cap and ive never had the brake light since.
Old 12-03-2003, 03:53 PM
Opie

Originally Posted by Champ R
I merely cleaned off some of the gunk on the res cap and ive never had the brake light since.
Worked for me on both My R, and my CRX!