Notices

one brand for i/h/e?

Old 10-11-2003, 06:14 PM
bmw325is

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is there one brand that you could just use for intake/header/exhaust. and what would the dynos yield with just that. i'm a few months away from an itr, but am curious. i like mugen, but im also an HKS fan. i just posted this bc when i upgraded my audio, i used alpine everything, wondered if it was possible with the itr, or even recommended. thanks.
Old 10-13-2003, 03:54 AM
Trey

You can get the same brand header and exhaust most likely but you won;t find those companies making nice intakes. The Mugen intake is nice but your best headers are SMSP and Toda. I would not go with any full company brand unless there was a good reason. I have full comptech but for other resons along with the power they make.

That said, stay away from HKS, I can't think of one person using ther stuff to make power. You can either find a nicer part than HKS or a part making better power.

Trey
Old 10-17-2003, 03:22 AM
Beasty18C5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or u can use the Jdm style DC Sports header, then use their exhaust and intake
Old 10-27-2003, 05:18 AM
Trey

Their exhaust and intake? DC Sports? I personally would not even use their header (JDM or not) but definitely won't use their exhaust and their intake is not a CAI.

Comptech makes one of my favorite intakes and makes a high HP header but for the money SMSP gives better clearance.

My budget setup suggestion is Icebox, OEM JDM 4-1 Header, Fujitsubo Exhaust. (The exhaust is a bit pricey but for that matter the stock exhaust will make decent power and doesn't need to be changed.)