Notices

Toda spec c cams

Old 10-02-2003, 10:17 PM
The Question

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are the Toda spec c cams recommended for off road use? the best toda cams for street use are spec b? anyone know? need advice on to get spec b or spec c cams
Old 10-11-2003, 09:13 PM
JDM_B18C

first of all i would'nt get those kinda expensive cams coa it all works the same and ur just paying for the brand name but it all the same ....... so mine as well just get a AEM or any cheaper than that......

"Never shift your gear til the needle hit the red"
Old 10-12-2003, 01:08 PM
RGoose18

That's definitely not true, dyno's anybody????????????????
Old 10-12-2003, 03:21 PM
Dave-ROR

Originally Posted by JDM_B18C
first of all i would'nt get those kinda expensive cams coa it all works the same and ur just paying for the brand name but it all the same ....... so mine as well just get a AEM or any cheaper than that......
Get AEM? Do you have any clue what the fuck you're talking about? Last I checked AEM didn't list Cams for sale on their web site.

As for product differences, they are different. All have pros and cons.

As for the original poster, any of the toda cams can be "streetable". It all depends on your definition. IMO the Toda A cam, Skunk2 cams, etc are fine for a street car. Toda B and C have the same non-vtec lobes but the C has bigger VTEC lobes so I really see no reason to run Toda B's.

Get the valvetrain upgraded and a real ECU.
Old 10-12-2003, 07:23 PM
The Question

so toda spec c over spec bs? i need to upgrade my fuel injection system right or no? whats good for tha money for upgrading the fuel system/?
Old 10-12-2003, 10:04 PM
RGoose18

Dave,
When you say get a "real" ecu, what would you recommend??
Old 10-13-2003, 03:58 AM
Trey

Dave means a power FC or Hondata for a real ECU. If you use Spec C's you definitely need one of those systems and bigger fuel injectors. YOu will need the engine tuned by someone like Jack at P1 Auto or it won't be streetable. A lot of the drivability is in the tune.
Old 10-13-2003, 08:53 AM
Dave-ROR

Originally Posted by RGoose18
Dave,
When you say get a "real" ecu, what would you recommend??
Like Trey said, PowerFC, Hondata, AEM EMS, et cetera. Make that decision based on your preference, tuner availability (software differences, etc - your tuner might only have experience with the AEM, or just the Apexi PowerFC, or just the hondata, etc), price and customer service (hondata is good for that, and general support in the community).

The Question: Yes, you'll need some fuel system upgrades. Here's what I'd suggest if you are serious about toda cams, fine a good tuner in your area that has experience with them, lots of it. If you are on the east coast I'd suggest calling Jack @ P1 Auto (www.p1auto.com). He has lots of experience with Toda products and is an accomplished tuner.
Old 10-13-2003, 08:56 AM
The Question

aight thanks a lot dave
Old 10-14-2003, 04:59 PM
ITR41

if you are on the east coast call steve at SGT racing. they are the best for all motor set ups on the east by far