Notices

broken piston

Old 09-30-2003, 06:48 PM
ITR-00-1457

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I took my head off yesterday because I was going to change my blown head gasket and while I was inspecting my pistons (JUN 12.3:1) I noticed that #2 had a chunk missing from the edge and #1 showed signs of detonation and #4 had some indents along the edge. #3 was ok except for the fact the ground strap on the spark plug was broken off but there were no signs of it striking the piston, and this is not the first time this happened. Possibly due to extreme heat in that cylinder. Not to mention the fact that there seemed to be a lot of play in all of the pistons. We did a bore taper measurement and it was just out of spec. So basically I now have a new winter project. I was thinking of using CTR pistons and having my bottom end balanced and blueprinted. I am rinning a JUN tuned ECU, but I really want to get rid of it and go with a Hondata S200 unit. So if anybody is interested in a JUN ECU I have one for sale, and I will even throw in some JUN pistons. Any other suggestions will be gladly considered. Yeah for projects.