Notices

Does anyone know of a decent wax for my R

Old 07-16-2003, 08:34 AM
RGoose18

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just waxed my PY Type R two days ago w/ "top of the line" Meguiars Gold Class. Now, two days later, the color is kinda hazy. Anyone know of a decent wax that'll make my baby shine?
Old 07-16-2003, 01:32 PM
jetydosa

Meguiars Gold Class is a pretty good wax, did you apply in the sun or something? I have used it on my black car and others many times without any hazing. I would also suggest making sure you let it dry thoroughly (20-30mins) and using a good quality 100% cotton towel or microfiber cloth to remove the wax.

My personal favorite wax Is Meguiar's #26.
Old 07-16-2003, 09:27 PM
joe s

I'm a big fan of Griots Garage car products. Their clay, polish & wax system is just excellent. It makes even our older, outdoor cars really glisten with a deep, pure shine. Makes my '98 look terrific.
Old 07-18-2003, 05:04 PM
PY-ITR1246

I have used alot of different types of waxs, polishes and the best i have ever used is Zaino, you will never find it in a store cause they dont sell it like that , there website is Zainobros.com i used it on my old car ( acura tl darl red) and i swear nothing ever brought out the color like it. i did the r for the first time and it looks great. the only downside to doing it is that they reccomend a long process for the first time your using it but it is the best stuff that i think i have ever used and the best part is that all the products smell great

they have directions on the website that will help you know what you need and dont need, just also go through there photo gallery and look at some of the pics, i know i was amazed.

i think these pics can help u understand how it comes out ( god i miss that car) ohh and you can apply it in direct sunlight and youll have no problems( i did and it looks just as good)

Old 07-21-2003, 06:54 AM
Tony

I personally use Zaino on my FBP Si and my wife's NBP Accord. The results are great and the products are easy to use.

Some other great brands are Klasse, Blitz, 3M, Griot's Garage (think someone already mentioned that) and Pinnacle. There's a lot of good stuff out there, but there's a lot of junk too. Try out some products and see what you like best ... everyone has different tastes and opinions. Lots of companys have a "sampler" pack that you can purchase.

Here's a pic of my car ... too bad it's not this clean right now.

Old 07-21-2003, 07:41 AM
xanctus

At first I was using Zymol, but then my friend introduced me with Zaino, well I must say that, zaino is the best thing for waxing the car.
Old 07-21-2003, 08:04 AM
Jan Niemi

I've tried a lot of products, the longest lasting I've found is plain old turtle wax, it's cheap too!
Old 07-21-2003, 09:23 AM
TypeR 801

I don't have any experience with the Meguiars Gold Class or Zaino brothers, but I've had great results with the multi-step products (Cleaner, Polish, Wax) from Meguiars. I don't know the Cleaner #, but I use their Cleaner (not cleaner wax), Polish #7, and Wax #26.

That combination works great and is how I was trained to detail cars back in college. Granted there may be better products now (~10 years later) but if that was good enough from Ferrari's, Bimmers, Benz, Jag's, etc, and did a great job, then it's good enough for my ITR.

fwiw-these products make the most impact on dark colored cars. White's and other light colors turn out good, but the blacks, dark blues, deep reds, etc have the most dramatic results.

Originally Posted by RGoose18
I just waxed my PY Type R two days ago w/ "top of the line" Meguiars Gold Class. Now, two days later, the color is kinda hazy. Anyone know of a decent wax that'll make my baby shine?