Notices

i'm new need help how to take off the key chip

Old 03-20-2003, 10:41 AM
MIKE-HKS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a 2001 type-r yellow love the car but guess what i have never driven it its been sitting for 3 month now i purchased the car and it was missing the computer so i installed a 99gsr comp but it is non chiped so the car dont start is there any way to remove the imobiliser of the key so i can use the 99gsr computer tell me there is it cant be that hard can it? or i my goin to have to buy a 2001 comp ? i had a complete 99gsr parts car that got total so i had the comp from it am prety new to the hondas so i need to learn as much as i can i also have a 2000 SI AM SELLING FOR 9K BLACK ON BLACK WITH SOME MODS thanks and hope you can help me out
Old 03-20-2003, 03:48 PM
Jan Niemi

The car isn't going to run right without the ITR ECU. Get one, and sell the GSR ECU.
Old 03-20-2003, 07:30 PM
Nimbus

GSR ECU will not work on an ITR. It has nothing to do with your imoblizer.
Old 03-21-2003, 05:57 AM
kabob

Originally Posted by Jan Niemi
The car isn't going to run right without the ITR ECU. Get one, and sell the GSR ECU.
You know, I'd think this would be obvious but.. *shrugs*

Anyways, to the poster that started the thread:

Guy, a GSR ECU is not going to have the correct fuel maps, VTEC engagement, rev-limiter, etc., for an ITR.
Old 03-21-2003, 08:19 AM
Aj

Though it won't run correctlty, it should still start......I'd say just go borrow someone elses ECU for a minute to test out whether it works, and then trouble shoot it from there. There really isn't any easy way to remove an immobilizer, but you can have it done. That being said, to chip and OBD2 ECU it'll cost you a fortune, as to the best of my knowledge the only place that does it, is a company in Japan called Mines.

Good luck,
Aj