Notices

Acura Question

Old 03-18-2003, 04:19 PM
integ3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Me and my friends were wondering if integra is japanese or american made. My friends say its made in america
Please email me salerno122867@yahoo.com
Old 03-18-2003, 04:58 PM
kabob

They're completely designed in Japan, built in Suzuka and shipped by boat to America. Check the sticker on the inside of your driver's side door and you'll see all the build information you need.
Old 03-19-2003, 07:47 AM
Type R 98

The front bumpers on the at least type R's are painted in north america, hence the midly different front end tone from being painted later. (So says an acura car retailer)
Old 03-19-2003, 08:16 AM
Aj

Originally Posted by Type R 98
The front bumpers on the at least type R's are painted in north america, hence the midly different front end tone from being painted later. (So says an acura car retailer)
your acura dealer was just outta excuses for the day, believe me when I tell you, they don't assemble the car, send it to the us, disamble parts of it to paint, and then sell it, that's the most rediculous thing I've heard. The whole car get's painted all at once, and though the ITR is built in Japan and shipped over in crates, I'm not so sure about all the other tegs. Easy way to tell is if the first letter in the VIN is J -> Japan, not sure what all the other letters are, as they don't all happen to start with the same letter as the country, just coincidence with Japan.

As far as the color difference in the bumpers, that's not just with integras, look at the front of a porsche under flourecent lighting, and the same is tru, in fact it's the case with almost all cars that utilize urethane front bumpers, I guess it's just something about the way it fades because the base is mixed with some sort of flex agent, that's why if you remove your lip, you'll notice it's still pretty close to the color of your fenders....

Any way, later,
Aj
Old 03-20-2003, 07:43 AM
fredtoast

Originally Posted by integ3
Me and my friends were wondering if integra is japanese or american made. My friends say its made in america
Please email me salerno122867@yahoo.com
There are different versions of the ITR. The USDM (North American) version is different than the JDM (Japanese), but they are all made in Japan.
Old 03-20-2003, 05:26 PM
Beasty18C5

I remember when I was at the Detriot Auto show in 2000 the side label with all the specs read that 95% of car is made in Japan an 5% in USA check the window label if you bought your car brand new it should say on it .