Notices

East Tennessee Dyno/tuner?

Old 11-15-2002, 07:32 AM
fredtoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in east Tennessee close to Knoxville. Anyone know of any GOOD dyno/tuners in this area. How much does dyno/tuning time cost? How long does it take to tune a car? I have a jrsc. I was told that I could get a fuel map close to what I need. I am just thinking about down the road when I do more mods. Won't I have to re-tune after each mod?
Old 11-15-2002, 03:16 PM
TegR#0989

Get with Trey cuz I belive he is from Tn.
Old 11-18-2002, 03:38 AM
Trey

Originally Posted by fredtoast
I live in east Tennessee close to Knoxville. Anyone know of any GOOD dyno/tuners in this area. How much does dyno/tuning time cost? How long does it take to tune a car? I have a jrsc. I was told that I could get a fuel map close to what I need. I am just thinking about down the road when I do more mods. Won't I have to re-tune after each mod?
I sure am from TN. Live in Chattanooga now and used to live near Nashville. Have a few freins in Bristol and Memphis.

Here you go:

http://www.dynojet.com/maps/autodynos/tn.htm

There are 2 in knowville that are dynojet facilities.

Air Cooled Classics
10402 Lexington Drive
Knoxville 37932
Tel. 423-671-4914

AUTO-DYNO
10402 Lexington Drive
Knoxville 37932
Tel. 865-777-DYNO

You are probably going to want to travel to get a JRSC tuned by someone else. My suggestion woudl be a hondata tuned by SGT. Matt at Hondata has a sweet JRSC setup on an R and may be able to give Steve some base map suggestions.

Steve (sgT racing) is in VA BTW.

And figure on 2 hours or so to tune the car. and I would say $100-$150/hr on the dyno depending on the facility. If you try to do anything yourself ask if they have a wideband O2 and if it can be graphed by their version of the winpep software.
Old 11-19-2002, 08:45 AM
fredtoast

Thanks for the info. You guys are very helpful. I've already been in contact with Matt about the Hondata set up. My question is, "If I do more mods in the future will I need to re-tune each time." Since I've already got the jrsc I'm not planning a lot more. Probably just some adjustable cam gears, a new exhaust system, and a maybe a mild upgrade of cams.
Old 11-19-2002, 08:54 AM
Trey

Those other mods will most definitely require you to retune. I am not sure about with a supercharger (Again as Matt) but I would skip the cam gears they are just not worth it.

I would get the exhaust before you tune for sure. Skip the cam gears and research if cams are even worthwhile with a JRSC.

Have you signed your car up in the registry? Where in East TN are you? I am in Chattanooga . . .
Old 11-21-2002, 08:32 AM
fredtoast

Thanks for the advice, Trey. I'm mainly interested in what type of cam set up to use with my jrsc. I've gotten a wide range of advice. I'm not a total noob, but tuning cams to run with a supercharger is over my head. Where can I go to read and research this subject myself. Do you know of any magazine articles or tech manuals on about this?

I live about 30 minutes northeast of Knoxville. My car is registered, but It is not a show car or a racer. Just a daily driver.