Notices

HElp and Advice!! Integra LS

Old 03-16-2004, 05:42 PM
integrapinoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HElp and Advice!! Integra LS

Hi, I am wondering if any of you know of good ways to increase my horsepower and torque without sacrificing gas mileage ( Gas Prices just keep going up!! ) ANyways would headers, pulleys, grounding systems work? Thanks
Old 03-16-2004, 05:52 PM
b00gers

more power means more gas and air into the engine....or opening up the restrictions left on by honda to make the car more consumer friendly.

basic bolt ons wont give you a good increase in power...itll give you something....but its very minor.
Old 03-16-2004, 07:39 PM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

more horsepower = more frequent hell rides and runs up to 7000 rpms = more gas consumed

i dont know, ive heard people claim more mileage from intake and some ads claim hp + mpg improvements but i tend to agree more with will, its a simple formula air+fuel=power, more air = more fuel.... you probably wont find a way to make substantial power without sacrificing gas mileage BUT simple stuff like exhaust/header/intake wont make that much of a difference... you probably wont even notice
Old 03-17-2004, 10:16 AM
DRAG 3 INTEGRA
Drag # Integra

yeah if ur gonna modify then ur gonna lose mpg... just a rule
Old 03-17-2004, 11:57 AM
LudeRage

It makes sense that more power would mean worse gas mileage but if you think about it, the bolt-ons are sucking more air into the engine, but without any modifications increasing fuel pressure, will your car even use more fuel? Just a thought...
Old 03-17-2004, 12:04 PM
Tobra

Originally Posted by DRAG 3 INTEGRA
yeah if ur gonna modify then ur gonna lose mpg... just a rule
More of a guidline than a rule, yes, you would use more gas with more output. That is why my buddy's 12s bug gets 20 mpg and mine gets 30
Old 03-17-2004, 12:34 PM
lttletimmy

I would argue that at least freeing up the exhaust system would gain you some mpg. The engine simply doesn't have to work as hard to expell the gasses through efficient piping and thus higher efficiency = higher mpg. The lead foot of course is another story
Old 03-17-2004, 02:08 PM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

Originally Posted by LudeRage
It makes sense that more power would mean worse gas mileage but if you think about it, the bolt-ons are sucking more air into the engine, but without any modifications increasing fuel pressure, will your car even use more fuel? Just a thought...

you have air fuel ratio, your emissions system works to keep a consistant ratio.... thats what the sensors etc are for...

you would rather lose gas mileage than have too much air.... too much air means you are burning lean and it wont be long before stuff starts to crack and cook inside your engine.
Old 03-17-2004, 03:42 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

You can't go faster AND have higher fuel efficiency. To go faster you need more gas and more air.

The only way to possibly get both is by tuning the car with an S-AFC or S-AFR or the like.
Old 03-18-2004, 08:37 PM
RudhiraKaama

I've got a 97 LS, and I beg to differ, I was getting about 25-26 mpg originally, then I put on AEM cold air intake, and holy shit, I was in heaven, I was getting 32 mpg, that and the difference in power was amazing, how much hp? I have no idea, but it made a world of difference to me. Then I just put on 4-2-1 headers, and that brought my mpg back down to about 29, 30 if i'm lucky, but its better than where i started, and the power difference is even better, but I don't normally romp on it constantly, i'm pretty gentle. Car drives a lot smoother now too, feels like when I first bought it