Notices
Vehicle Classifieds Cars for sale only.

FS/WTT 97 theft recovery civic ex 5 speed

Old 03-24-2004, 10:08 AM
b18c1delsol94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS/WTT 97 theft recovery civic ex 5 speed

Its a long post, but well worth reading if you want a good reliable car that needs a little bit of work. I have a 1997 civic ex, 5 speed that was stolen and stripped for parts. All the aftermarket parts that were taken were replaced except for a few things. I no longer have the fenders for the car, and it also needs a shift knob and an air intake, as well as two front tires to be able to go anywhere, as well as a gauge cluster. The motor is a d16y8 approxemately 45000 miles on it, and body has about 130k on it. Clean title, I killed my old motor and so I got this new motor about two weeks before it was stolen from my job. When I replaced that motor I put in a new exedy stage 1 clutch, new timing belt, new tensioner, new water pump, new thermostat, new head gasket, all seals were replaced, valves were set to spec, and all parts were oem honda. the motor is off of a 1999 civic ex, the intake manifold and the distributor were the only things from the 97 motor because of slight differences in them. New distributor cap, rotor and bosch spark plugs, and bosch ignition wires. Both control arms up front are new, replaced due to big potholes. A short shifter was installed, front speakers were stolen, but rear speaker are new they ran me $130+ at best buy, most of the trunk is dynamated, and doors are completely dynamated. The ignition is ridiculously simple, and wasn't damaged when the car was stolen, a new plastic cover is needed to cover the steering column though. The interior is in fairly good shape, the rear seat has a small stain of what appears to be paint. Other extra's the car has is a real Apex'i N1 catback exhaust, apc short shifter. Also the taillights don't have bulbs, or the wiring harness that plug into the bulbs, because that was stolen along with the altezza lights.

here is the carfax on it
================================================== =
Good News -- Vehicle qualifies for the CARFAX Buyback Guarantee!
No severe problems (major accidents, fire, flood damage, major odometer problems or lemon history) were ever reported by a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) for this 1997 HONDA CIVIC EX (1HGEJ8142VL100336). If you find that any of these severe problems were reported to a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back.

You must register to activate this free guarantee!

CARFAX Talking CarTM

The story of this 1997 HONDA CIVIC EX (1HGEJ8142VL100336) according to our interpretation of the information reported to CARFAX:

This coupe has had 2 owners and was owned in Virginia. It was originally registered by the owner for personal use.

It has had no minor or moderate accidents reported to CARFAX.

It has had no DMV-reported total loss events, like a major accident, fire or flood.

It has a consistent mileage history with no indication of an odometer rollback. It was driven an average of 20,790 miles per year, which is higher than the industry average of 15,000. The last odometer reading, reported on 08/15/2003, was 114,500 miles.

It was not reported to a DMV as a Manufacturer Buyback (LEMON).

Its basic warranty has expired. You may want to discuss an extended warranty with your dealer.

Go to the Detailed Vehicle History for the complete history and a glossary of terms.

Report Summary

1. ACCIDENT CHECK

Total Loss Check
No Severe Accidents Reported to DMV - Buyback Guarantee!

Other Accident Indicators
No Accident Indicators Reported

2. MILEAGE ACCURACY CHECK

Truth-In-Mileage Check
No Odometer Problems Reported to DMV - Buyback Guarantee!

Odometer Rollback Check
No Potential Odometer Rollback Found

Mileage Consistency Check
No Inconsistent Odometer Reading Found

3. LEMON CHECK®
No Mfr. Buyback Reported to DMV - Buyback Guarantee!

4. OWNERSHIP CHECK

Number of Owners
2 Estimated Owner(s)

Type of Owners
Originally Registered as a Personal Vehicle

5. RECALL CHECK
HONDA Does Not Report Recalls to CARFAX

6. WARRANTY CHECK
No Coverage Remaining on Basic Warranty

DETAILED VEHICLE HISTORY
8 HISTORY RECORDS REPORTED
Tell us what you know about this vehicle

Year/Make/Model:
1997 HONDA CIVIC EX

Body Style:
COUPE

Engine:
1.6L L4 PFI VTEC 16V

Fuel:
GASOLINE

Driveline:
FRONT WHEEL DRIVE

Manufactured in:
UNITED STATES

Safety Equipment:
4 wheel ABS, Dual front air bags/active (manual) belts

Standard Equipment:
Power Windows, Power Steering, Air Conditioning, AM / FM, Power Brakes, Power sun / moon roof, Tilt Wheel

Still looking for the perfect HONDA CIVIC EX? Check out a list of them in your area.

FREE to you from CARFAX. With the CARFAX Vehicle History Report, you get all this additional information to help you make the right decision when buying or selling a used car or truck.

How safe and reliable is this 1997 HONDA CIVIC EX?
Find out with the CARFAX Safety & Reliability Report.

Looking for other CARFAX Certified Cars like this one in your area?
Get a complete, up-to-date list of CARFAX Certified Cars

What are other CARFAX customers saying about this 1997 HONDA CIVIC EX?
Share what you know about this vehicle - Add a CARFAX Customer Rating & Comment.

Helping your teen learn to drive?
Get safe teen driving tips and information with the CARFAX Safe Teen Drivers Program.

Total Loss Check:

GOOD NEWS! No severe damage events were ever reported by a DMV for this 1997 HONDA CIVIC EX (1HGEJ8142VL100336). If you find that any of the following severe problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back. You must register to activate this free guarantee!

Salvage Title
Loss Due To Fire Title

Junk Title
Flood Damage Title

Rebuilt/Reconstructed Title
Hail Damage Title

Dismantled Title
Canadian Total Loss

Other Accident Indicators:

This 1997 HONDA CIVIC EX (1HGEJ8142VL100336) had no accident indicators reported to CARFAX from its sources. This section checks for accidents and/or related damage reported from many public and private sources. Not all accidents are reported to CARFAX. A vehicle inspection completed by your dealer or professional mechanic is recommended.

No Salvage Auction Record Reported
No Crash Test Vehicle Record Reported

No Fire Damage Record Reported
No Airbag Deployment Record Reported

No Police Accident Record Reported
No Damage Disclosure Record Reported

CARFAX depends on public and private sources for its accident data. Each one of these sources has different processing times. CARFAX can only report what is in our database on 22.Mar.2004 20:44:10. New data will result in a change to this report.

Not all accidents are reported to the Police. Tell us if you know of other fender benders, accidents or damage.

Accident Check FAQs:
Accident FAQs | Glossary | Register FREE Guarantee | CARFAX Help Center

Truth-In-Mileage Check:

GOOD NEWS! No major odometer problems were ever reported by a DMV under the Truth-In-Mileage Act for this 1997 HONDA CIVIC EX (1HGEJ8142VL100336). If you find that any of the following odometer problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back. You must register to activate this free guarantee!

Not Actual Mileage Title - issued by DMV when the owner discloses mileage fraud or a broken odometer.

Exceeds Mechanical Limits Title - issued by DMV when the owner discloses an odometer rollover.

Odometer Rollback Check:

CARFAX found no odometer rollbacks for this 1997 HONDA CIVIC EX (1HGEJ8142VL100336). Rollbacks reported in this section originate from readings collected by a DMV or other verifiable source.

Mileage Consistency Check:

CARFAX found no inconsistent odometer readings in the mileage history of this 1997 HONDA CIVIC EX (1HGEJ8142VL100336).

Date:
Mileage:

03/24/2000

04/29/2002

05/06/2002

08/15/2003

Average miles driven per year
CARFAX AdvisorTM Compare this vehicle's average annual mileage to the industry average of 15,000 miles per year. Use this comparison to determine how this vehicle was driven.

Do you know this vehicle's current mileage? Tell us and help protect others from mileage fraud.

Mileage Accuracy Check FAQs:
Mileage Accuracy FAQs | Glossary | Register FREE Guarantee | CARFAX Help Center

GOOD NEWS! No manufacturer buyback was ever reported by a DMV for this 1997 HONDA CIVIC EX (1HGEJ8142VL100336). If you find that a manufacturer buyback was reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back. You must register to activate this free guarantee!

Lemon Check FAQs:
Lemon Check FAQs | Glossary | Register FREE Guarantee | CARFAX Help Center

Ownership History:

CARFAX estimates that this 1997 HONDA CIVIC EX (1HGEJ8142VL100336) had 2 owner(s). CARFAX analyzed this vehicle's title history and other supporting events to identify potential ownership transfers. In compliance with the U.S. privacy laws, CARFAX does not collect or report owner names or addresses.

Estimated Owners:
Date:
1st owner
02/12/1998
Virginia

2nd owner
04/29/2002
Virginia

CARFAX AdvisorTM
The cost of ownership varies by vehicle. Go to Edmunds.com to check the recommended service schedule and estimated costs for this vehicle.

Types of Owners:

This 1997 HONDA CIVIC EX (1HGEJ8142VL100336) was originally registered as a Personal Vehicle.

Personal Use Registration Reported
No Fleet Registration Reported

No Lease Registration Reported
No Commercial Registration Reported

No Rental Registration Reported
No Non-Profit Registration Reported

No Government Registration Reported
No Built to Non U.S. Standards Record Reported

No Taxi Registration Reported

Do you have information about how this vehicle was used or driven? Tell us what you know.

Ownership Check FAQs:
Ownership FAQs | Glossary | Register FREE Guarantee | CARFAX Help Center

HONDA does not report recall information for specific vehicles to CARFAX.

Go to the CARFAX SAFETY & RELIABILITY REPORT for recalls issued by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration for the 1997 HONDA CIVIC EX. You can also contact an authorized dealership or HONDA at 1-800-999-1009 to find out if this 1997 HONDA CIVIC EX (1HGEJ8142VL100336) still has recalls that require repair.

Recall Check FAQs:
Recall FAQs | Glossary | Register FREE Guarantee | CARFAX Help Center

CARFAX estimated the remaining original manufacturer warranty coverage for this 1997 HONDA CIVIC EX (1HGEJ8142VL100336) using the date this report was generated (22.Mar.2004 20:44:10) and the last odometer reading reported to CARFAX. If you have a current odometer reading, you may recalculate the remaining warranty coverage.

Estimated start date of warranty:
02/12/1998

Last reading reported on 08/15/2003:
114,500 miles

Today's Date:
March 22, 2004

Type of Coverage:
Original Warranty:
Remaining Coverage:

Basic
36 months or 36,000 miles
Coverage expired

Drivetrain
36 months or 36,000 miles
Coverage expired

Emissions
24 months or 24,000 miles
Coverage expired

Corrosion
60 months or unlimited mileage
Coverage expired

Transferable
Transferable at no cost
Same

Roadside Assistance
No data reported to CARFAX

Safety belt & inflatable restraint
No data reported to CARFAX

CARFAX Warranty Check provides an estimate of this vehicle's remaining warranty coverage. It does not take into account some vehicle history events. For example, major accidents resulting in Salvage or Junk titles that may void the original manufacturer warranty or ownership transfers that may decrease warranty coverage. Complete warranty coverage information is available for this vehicle at the at the HONDA web site.

Warranty Calculator FAQs:
Warranty FAQs | Glossary | Register FREE Guarantee | CARFAX Help Center

CARFAX searched more than 2.7 billion records from over 5,300 sources and found 8 record(s) for this 1997 HONDA CIVIC EX (1HGEJ8142VL100336).

Date:

Mileage Reading:

Source:

General Comments:

02/12/1998

Virginia
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Woodbridge, VA

Registered as
personal vehicle

02/12/1998

Virginia
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Woodbridge, VA

Title or registration issued
First owner reported

03/24/2000
Virginia
Inspection Station
Woodbridge, VA

Passed emissions inspection

04/29/2002
Virginia
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Woodbridge, VA

New owner reported

05/06/2002
Virginia
Inspection Station
Falls Church, VA

Passed emissions inspection

05/31/2002

Virginia
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Woodbridge, VA

06/02/2003

Virginia
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Woodbridge, VA

08/15/2003
Virginia
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Woodbridge, VA

Tell us what you know about this vehicle

Detailed Vehicle History Definitions:
? First Owner
When the first owner(s) obtains a title from a Department of Motor Vehicles as proof of ownership.

? New Owner Reported
When a vehicle is sold to a new owner, the Title must be transferred to the new owner(s) at a Department of Motor Vehicles.

? Personal Use
Vehicle was registered by the owner for private or personal use.

Detailed Vehicle History FAQs:
Detailed Vehicle History FAQs | Glossary | Register FREE Guarantee | CARFAX Help Center

¤ CARFAX
BUYBACK GUARANTEE

If you find that any of these severe problems were reported by a Department of Motor Vehicles and were not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back.
Severe Damage:
Odometer Problems:
Lemon History:

? Salvage/Junk

? Rebuilt/Reconstructed

? Dismantled

? Fire/Flood/Hail

? Canadian Total Loss
? Exceeds Mechanical Limits

? Not Actual Mileage
? Manufacturer Buyback

Your CARFAX Buyback Coverage:

Vehicle:
Transferable Coverage:
Activation:

1997 HONDA CIVIC EX
1HGEJ8142VL100336
03/22/2004 - 03/22/2005
REQUIRED --
ACTIVATE TODAY!

Activation Required

Go to www.carfax.com
Terms and Conditions Apply
CARFAX agrees to buy this vehicle back from the holder of this Vehicle History Report if the report indicates the vehicle qualifies for the CARFAX Buyback Guarantee and a Branded Title, as fully defined in the Terms and Conditions, actually exists for this vehicle. YOU MUST REGISTER TO ACTIVATE THIS FREE GUARANTEE (www.carfax.com) in order to be eligible for payment. View Terms and Conditions (www.carfax.com/cfm/hctermsanddef.cfm).
Old 03-26-2004, 06:05 AM
b18c1delsol94

trade pending, any better offers? You have till early tomorrow, let me know.
Old 03-26-2004, 10:34 AM
b18c1delsol94

new pix taken today, it was a nice day, so I decided to wash it. Trade maybe set for tomorrow, bump up for offers though.

Old 03-26-2004, 02:03 PM
b18c1delsol94

sale fell through
I took new pictures of the car today. The back seat has a white stain, which resulted from a tube of desitin my little brother squeezed onto the seat. I haven’t really tried to get it off, and probably won’t since I’m lazy, but its there. Somebody also thought it was a good idea to key the trunk, I took pictures, its pretty deep, but with a little touchup shouldn’t be an eyesore. Noticeable but not horrible, and you can see in the pictures the ebrake is bare metal, and I don’t have a shift knob, so that’s that. Any other questions let me know, all electric parts work perfectly.

This picture is of the front, the hood had that ding since I got it, which is why I bought the cf hood which was stolen. The bumper got a little roughed up when it was stolen, but its purely cosmetic, no frame or body damage resulted in from the bumper being a little bit damaged.

And this picture is of the ˝ in hole I drilled to run the tach wires, along with three screw holds to hold it down.

inspection expires on 6/04. Thanks
Old 04-01-2004, 04:15 PM
bigt61

so, gimme an email. collegekid@bellsouth.net

we will talk. i'm interested.
Old 04-12-2004, 07:08 AM
b18c1delsol94

bump up
Old 04-12-2004, 02:47 PM
b18c1delsol94

new pix taken today, front left side needs a plastic clip that's a little loose, not broken though. bump for a rainy day.

asking for $3850 as you see it in the pictures, gauge cluster is off of another ex. Thanks
Old 04-12-2004, 05:01 PM
Im@ge
So ugly it hurts..See?

I Want it!!!
Old 04-13-2004, 02:13 PM
Im@ge
So ugly it hurts..See?

noo??
Old 04-13-2004, 07:24 PM
Josh M

Has this car already been passed as Salvage rebuilt or does it need to be inspected still?

Quick Reply: FS/WTT 97 theft recovery civic ex 5 speed