Notices
Drag Strip From the staging lanes to the finish line, this is the spot for on-track drag racing discussion.

hondas against toyota????

Old 03-19-2004, 08:07 AM
phatmr2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hondas against toyota????

hey guys i'm just wondering how you guy would do versus a stock 93 toyota mr2 turbo? stock vs. stock modded vs. stock mr2? theres a lot of hondas trying to race me but some that i've heard of that have nitrous are always trying to race, but if its like a civic or integra with i/h/e they wont.... a guy with a 4dr civic w/integra type r (tune & dynoed) didn't want to race me....i'm not trying to say my car is the sh*t or the fastest because i know its not... i'm just wondering because there is this guy around here that suppously has a b20 i/h/e and he raced that guy with the type r and he hanged with him good the guy with the type r claimed 190whp and i know you won't get that hp from a b20 with i/h/e and lots of peeps told me that has nitrous.....so what do you think????? oh yeah this is in the 1320 or 1/4mile.
Old 03-19-2004, 09:30 AM
phatmr2

14 views and no replies?> what wrong honda guys? you guy ever raced an mr2????? come on give me some thought on this........anything i want to know whatever you think......
Attached Thumbnails hondas against toyota????-baby2.jpg  
Old 03-19-2004, 09:48 AM
Dave-ROR
RAD owns.

Well, I don't drag race, but I love MR2 Turbos :thumbup: Almost as much as MR2SC's..

What do you run in the quarter? Some ITR's with an intake can run high 13s like Brock's car, and that's on street tires. He's just a good driver with a strong motor. I've also seen ITRs run 15 flat. It all depends on driver really.

Just for the record, a friend runs low low 14s (14.0-14.2) in a 92 civic hatch with a B20 with intake and exhaust only (LS intake manifold/tb also, but that's normal for that swap).
Old 03-19-2004, 09:53 AM
phatmr2

oh finally a reply thanks dude... well in the 1/4 i'm not sure because my bro raced it and he doesn't know how to drive the car, i'm going to take it and get some times after i get simple bolt-ons... hopefully i'll run high 13 but who knows....
Old 03-22-2004, 06:41 AM
phatmr2

hahhahah i raced a nitrous gsr w/cold air intake and left him behind like 1 to 2 cars.... good race though i wasn't sure if i could beat this guy......
Old 03-22-2004, 07:49 AM
D17Coupe

TOS violation!!!
Old 03-22-2004, 08:07 AM
alphaxxn
4500rpm hesitation

dude ... forced induction > aspiraiton...
foh sho, lmao
Old 03-22-2004, 11:50 AM
senseiturtle
euro trash

Being that the older MR2s come with a factory-turbo motor, it can be assumed that they are easily built to high HP numbers.

Stock, though... I don't know. high 14's-mid 15's sound right to me... and I really don't know crap about toyota engines.

Someone else needs to clairify
Old 03-22-2004, 09:38 PM
B16Drag
Sup Dawg!

I actually like the MR2 and the Supra from toyota, turboed version of course.

In response to your question, I've seen a 210whp all-motor B18C in a hatch pull consistent 12.9sec 1/4 mile at the tracks so you can do the math on that one. If the B20 hung with the Type R, it will might possibly give you a run for your money. B20's dont push out super high hp numbers if stock but they have more torque than the other b-series and will pull hard esp in a light car.

Most of the honda engines wont race you because you are forced induction. Of course you have the advantage of being turboed and also being rear wheel drive. But like you said, if you do meet someone with forced induction they will rev at you because they are about par with you. FI vs FI. Seems pretty far to me. Also if they are swap they will give you a run for your money. Any of the B-series engine in a light honda chasis will give you consistently good 1/4 mile numbers.

Just like all engines, if you build it up it will be fast... but stock to stock MR2 will take it. But if its modded vs stock mr2... depends on the mod. Be safe and keep it to the tracks.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:38 AM
Nathan1234
Domestic Driving Asshole

I have a little experience with MR2's. Any honda from a stock ITR on up will be able to take you out pretty easily. Most stock MR2's are capable of mid 14's at best, and anything faster than that should be able to show you it's tail lights.

Quick Reply: hondas against toyota????