Notices
Drag Strip From the staging lanes to the finish line, this is the spot for on-track drag racing discussion.

capital racway opening day!!!

Old 03-08-2004, 05:16 PM
yellow civic ex
ghey slow d16 modder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default capital racway opening day!!!

Hey guys, i went with a group of people to the opening of capital raceway on sunday, and we all ran our cars. i accomplished my goal for this time (although it wasn't too ambitious i guess).
The track wasn't too sticky, which accounted for really bad 60' times, but it was a beautiful day

The cars and times they ran are as follows:

yellow itr with i/e/h 14.9 best
yellow itr with i/e/h cams, spoon ecu 14.18 best
white crx with b16, i/e/h, quaife lsd mid 14's...i think 14.4 best
black s2000 with i/e/h, v-afc 14.3 best
red gs-r with i/e/h 14.7 best
red gs-r with i/e/h built head and cams 14.7 best
primered civic coupe with greddy kit (me)13.9 best

i was hoping to get a little lower. my 60' time on the 13.9 run was a hair below 2.3 seconds, with a bad reaction time. i trapped over 100mph every time, with 104mph being my highest trap. i was boosting just under 10lbs.

i'm a soooo glad that they didn't line me up against one of those crazy ass all drag cars that run 8's...that'd would made me look like i was going backwards. instead i raced an integra, a crx, and a probe....beat all of them by at least a full second
i'm shooting for 12's by seasons end on street tires. WISH ME LUCK!!!
Old 03-08-2004, 05:48 PM
shivers
Moderator Alumni

Good job. Practice your techniques and your times should drop ... consistency is key.
Old 03-08-2004, 08:10 PM
axemansean

Cool... post some pictures of the car. What tires were you using?
Old 03-08-2004, 08:47 PM
cobbcustomz

cool man. When i went to the track around here i was lined up against 11 second cars. Made me look rediculously slow i wanted to go against some slow stuff
Old 03-08-2004, 10:03 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Capitol is open?

Sweet.
Old 03-09-2004, 03:16 AM
yellow civic ex
ghey slow d16 modder

yea, opening day was sunday the 7th. i'll get some pics of the group up soon. i want to hit the track a lot and be in the consistent 13's...then when i get my hondata i'll be able to use the launch control and be able to handle the 15lbs i'll be running soon.
i'm using some kind of sumitomos...they're not too great. they say 52psi max, i usually use about 40-45psi, but at the track i dropped them a little to 25-30psi.
Old 03-09-2004, 07:24 AM
MarylandHonda

thats nice man

i went pass the track that friday, a few people thought that was gona be the opening day but it wasnt, so my feelings were hurt.
but i race 2 civics with swaps and a caprice on R.301 and smoked them (if they see this, sorry but i gots to tell it how it is....lol), so that made my day.
after date i was even thinking about hitting the track sunday....lol

so what type of cars do u usually see there?

friday was my first time finding the track, i normally go to Budds cr.
but capitols closer.
please tell me theres a lot of cars in the 12-16sec range there, i sure dont want to line up against something that would make me want to not race anymore....lol
Old 03-09-2004, 07:50 AM
yellow civic ex
ghey slow d16 modder

well, sunday was a test and tune only, so i saw just about every kind of car. there's were plenty of subarus, celicas, nissans, hondas, and a lot of american muscle too. to top it off there were full out drag cars there too, but they only run one at a time so if they crash there's no other car for them to hit. there were a few funny matches though...a celica gt-s vs. a classic camero with 2 ft wide slicks. i think the camero finished like 5-6 seconds faster than the gt-s; and the gt-s ran a low 15. i was lucky and only ran an intgra who had a 14.7 best, a crx with a 14.5 best (but against me he hit like an 18 (he stalled his car off the line), and a probe that ran a 16.8. it's fun even if you get your ass handed to you just to see your time.

there's another test and tune this friday at 5 or 6 i think. just check their website fro details.
Old 03-09-2004, 07:59 AM
MarylandHonda

yeah, i kno, there open friday and sundays.
everyone just thought they would be open last friday.
i guess they thought it was gona rain
Old 03-09-2004, 09:40 AM
senseiturtle
euro trash

one of my greatest track experiences was getting WASTED by a viper.

He ran a 10.8 @ 140+ ... I ran a 15.6 @ 88... I was stock and was my second official drag experience. I wish I hadn't lost the timeslip, it was in very faint ink and got thrown away with other misc. crap.

I literally got blown off the track. Even with my music blasting, my entire cabin was filled with this indescribeable roar of one PISSED OFF v10. I nearly crapped my pants. I still had the best view in the house, as I was just around the 1/8 mark when he lit up the scoreboard.

Quick Reply: capital racway opening day!!!