Notices

interior/exterior trim pieces, 5th gen

Old 03-08-2004, 10:28 AM
Vampgrrl
Farscape 1 pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default interior/exterior trim pieces, 5th gen

The door garnish trim around the driver's side door (where the power window controls and mirrors are) is scratched up badly I guess by the previous owner. I ordered a new one today from hondaautomotiveparts.com (but their web site is FUBAR so I dunno if it went thro). To replace that should I prolly pop it off with a screw driver?

Also on the outside of that door where the black trim is between the door and the window, it looks like it's corroded or something. If I ordered that how much of a pain is that to replace?

If anyone knows of such things...I'm just trying to fix little things on the car that I guess the previous owner didn't care about but bug me to death.
Old 03-09-2004, 11:50 AM
jc836

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IF you have a glass shop in your neighborhood-get to know them. It is a resource for doing this sort of work at a very reasonable price. We have one nearby and they are great about glass related parts-the rubber trim-that touches the glass from the outside for example. Piece of cake for them to do. Another choice I use is my local trim/upholstery shop. Both places have the correct tools to do your projects. Using a screwdriver may work-but be very careful with the paint. BTW: The drawings of a 5th gen's parts are free at your Honda dealer parts department (at least I get mine that way). The Helm is also an excellent helper and worth every penny I spent on it.
Happy Luding