Notices
Track & Autocross Talk lap times and race lines.

ECHC at CMP - Aug. 3 & 4

Old 08-01-2002, 01:36 PM
slickboy
ECHC junkee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECHC at CMP - Aug. 3 & 4

Since this is the new forum for road racing and auto-x, I want to let all of you in the NC, SC, GA area know that the next leg of the ECHC(East Coast Honda Challenge) will be going on this weekend in Kershaw, SC at CMP(Carolina Motorsports Park). This is the innaugural season for the ECHC, and so far, i believe it has more than surpassed the expectations that were placed upon it. If you'd like to find out more about the ECHC..go to www.honda-challenge.com. There are links from that page to the CMP, so you can get directions, as well as any other info you might need. There you can find out about the different races of the season, driver bios, race rules and series standings, and picture gallery of the events as they have unfolded so far. (This first season has seen much growth already and will undoubtably unfold into and even bigger season this next year. If you are as enthusiastic about road racing as I am, you will certainly love seeing the wide variety of Hondas/Acuras go head to head this weekend. I came away from the first weekend totally amazed and so looking forward to the next event. The track at CMP is full of personality and will surely be the grounds for what is expected to be nothing less than a spectacular race. You will be able to go into the pits, get up close and personal with the drivers and their cars, hang out with other race enthusiasts, and maybe come back bitten by the racing bug as have I. Hopefully I, along with Drumsy will be out on the course this Saturday for the first time ever. I hope to see some of you there! You won't regret coming, I promise!
Old 08-02-2002, 08:07 AM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

I still have awhile before I get my competition license
Old 08-02-2002, 08:41 AM
Daniel

Also, you folks need to be getting ready for Hyper-Fest II that's coming to Lowes Motor Speedway in September. Mike, you gonna be there?
Old 08-02-2002, 09:22 AM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

Originally posted by drumsy
Also, you folks need to be getting ready for Hyper-Fest II that's coming to Lowes Motor Speedway in September. Mike, you gonna be there?
Nope. If it was a week later I would be able to, but I have a wedding to attend on Saturday and autocross on Sunday. It's my wife's sister who is marrying the worse case scenario fiance. I can't stand him. Last time we all hung out together I just wanted to pummel him and so did my wife Sunday's autocross is with the Corvette Club and I love whooping on them all. Back in May I ran with them and took first place ehehehe
Old 08-02-2002, 12:37 PM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

I'll be at lowes if I have to walk [or beg a ride from drumsy ]
Old 08-02-2002, 01:30 PM
slickboy
ECHC junkee

Originally posted by 1stGenCRXer
I'll be at lowes if I have to walk [or beg a ride from drumsy ]
Don't be forgettin about me Harry! Hopefully I'll have the money by then to enter the HPDE...although I have to say that I am more than slightly apprehensive about the walls. I have seen a few people slap a wall in their streetcar there. It should be all good though..as long as I've got the money. Do you plan on running at the HPDE there?
Old 08-02-2002, 02:32 PM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

Oh yeah, sorry

I seriously doubt I'll be doing the HPDE since I have neither the money or the tires for it right now, and since I will soon have the clutch and LSD to handle the power, I don't think it would be too bright to run my CRX upwards of 120mph on tires only rated for around 90mph. I think I'll wrench for karl or pete for the ECHC race if either want my help.