Notices
Track & Autocross Talk lap times and race lines.

Rules and Purpose of Forum [Must Read]

Old 08-01-2002, 12:26 PM
Daniel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rules and Purpose of Forum [Must Read]

This forum is for legal racing only!!

I can't reiterate that enough. All you chaps who love to street race find yourself over to the Kill Stories forum!

HAN is moving more towards the technical aspect of being a Honda/Acura enthusiast, and this is just the first of many changes to come. Expect some changes regarding OT.

Thanks to CivicSiRacer, jaje, and 1stGenCRXer who have voluntered to moderate. All of these folks have had numerous years of racing experience, and will be on hand to assist you with any questions you have.

Thanks much, and enjoy! :thumbup:
Old 08-01-2002, 01:43 PM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

Right-o!

Also, NO FLAMING. We'll be here and happy to answer any questions that might pop up on Car setup, driving styles, improvement exercises you can do on your own, etc.

I also plan to write some tech articles from time to time that will then be left open to discussion. I'll let the other guys chime in on any pet peeves they may have before we get into full swing.
Old 08-01-2002, 05:40 PM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

I'm happy to have this forum too. My resume includes: 5 years autocross experience, 1998 PA State Champion in Street Touring, 3rd place at the 1999 NorthEast Regionals (STR), 3rd place at PA State Championships in 1999 (STR), 3rd place at PA State Championships in 2000 (STS), an HPDE at VIR in February 2002, Evolution School Phases I & II in April 2002, Novice School instructor as of May 2002.

I do about 30 autocrosses a year, and pretty good knowledge of suspenion tuning and adjustments for most FWD cars
Old 08-02-2002, 07:01 AM
red GS-R
shhhh...just be quiet.

So street racing isn't "technical"?
Old 08-02-2002, 07:27 AM
CivicSiRacer

Originally posted by red GS-R
So street racing isn't "technical"?
It's not a LEGAL form of racing.
Old 08-03-2002, 07:37 AM
H-carWizard
FKN-DING

Glad to have a Pa. racer as moderator... Quick question: I am VERY interested in going racing with my 94 Integra GSR, who do I contact, what do I need to do to my car. I think autocross would be a great start for me. I live in Erie (Northwestern Pa.)

Phil

Edit: I checked out your links... My car is mostly stock with aftermarket cat back... Soon to have Comptech Header.

The car sits on Eibach sportlines with Tokico shocks... does this put me into the "Street Prepared" catagory?
Old 08-03-2002, 08:44 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

i suggest trying www.nasaracing.com (look for a nasa region close to you)...they are a friendlier and cheaper alternative to amateur racing as scca has gotten away from its amateur roots

i researched for about 6 months on which to join and decided on nasa b/c of these reasons...plus when you want to try a road/track the nasa hpdes are one of the best and most affordable racing schools in america
Old 08-03-2002, 01:07 PM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

Modified suspension and stickier tires will put you in street prepared.
Old 08-03-2002, 04:46 PM
CivicSiRacer

Originally posted by H-carWizard
Glad to have a Pa. racer as moderator... Quick question: I am VERY interested in going racing with my 94 Integra GSR, who do I contact, what do I need to do to my car. I think autocross would be a great start for me. I live in Erie (Northwestern Pa.)

Phil

Edit: I checked out your links... My car is mostly stock with aftermarket cat back... Soon to have Comptech Header.

The car sits on Eibach sportlines with Tokico shocks... does this put me into the "Street Prepared" catagory?
You would be in STS also.
Old 08-03-2002, 04:48 PM
CivicSiRacer

Originally posted by jaje
i suggest trying www.nasaracing.com (look for a nasa region close to you)...they are a friendlier and cheaper alternative to amateur racing as scca has gotten away from its amateur roots

i researched for about 6 months on which to join and decided on nasa b/c of these reasons...plus when you want to try a road/track the nasa hpdes are one of the best and most affordable racing schools in america
NASA and SCCA both have their ups and downs. I've met some pretty snotty people with both associations.

You can do both whether you realize it or not. As I have both SCCA and NASA licenses. Yeah yeah people from each will be like "Ohhh you're in the evil club"

Yes HPDEs are easy to get into but also easier to die in. Their rules are really laxed at HPDEs. You don't need a SA helmet, you don't need a minimum 4 point roll cage, etc...

Quick Reply: Rules and Purpose of Forum [Must Read]