Notices
Drag Strip From the staging lanes to the finish line, this is the spot for on-track drag racing discussion.

Racelegal.com

Old 03-06-2004, 09:09 AM
axemansean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racelegal.com

http://www.racelegal.com/news/news.asp

I think the cops should start more programs like this.
Old 03-06-2004, 09:24 AM
George Knighton

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Excellent!

Come to think of it, there are some Virginia troopers who have a small name for themselves in local autocrosses around here.
Old 03-06-2004, 09:27 AM
axemansean

Originally Posted by George Knighton
Excellent!

Come to think of it, there are some Virginia troopers who have a small name for themselves in local autocrosses around here.
Yes I've heard about that. I talked to the local cops here because street racing is a major problem being a college town. They felt that it "costs" too much to start a program like this. Its sad because we have a 1/8 mile strip about 20 minutes down the road in Fairmont that seldom gets used. One hopes that all states start programs like that to help keep kids off the streets.
Old 03-06-2004, 10:42 AM
qtiger

Every year or so there's a day where you can race against cops driving cop cars here. They haul out the supercharged Interceptors and try to teach people a lesson.

I think it was at Milan Dragway last time.
Old 03-06-2004, 12:12 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

And we have the routine "Beat The Heat" drag competitions out here at Infineon Raceway at Sears Point. I'd like to see RaceLegal.com start sponsoring more venues around the Bay Area on Friday and Saturday nights; Infineon hosts its drag night on Wednesday.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 03-06-2004, 02:24 PM
Poboy

Originally Posted by axemansean
Yes I've heard about that. I talked to the local cops here because street racing is a major problem being a college town. They felt that it "costs" too much to start a program like this. Its sad because we have a 1/8 mile strip about 20 minutes down the road in Fairmont that seldom gets used. One hopes that all states start programs like that to help keep kids off the streets.
I suggest contacting the drag strip to see if they would give some kind of disount or freebie days. Then call the local news or paper. Then call the cops again to see of they changed their minds.

Originally Posted by George Knighton
Excellent!

Really? I autocross in the No. Va /DC region. Anyone I might know?