Notices
Drag Strip From the staging lanes to the finish line, this is the spot for on-track drag racing discussion.

vs. 2000 Civic Si

Old 02-24-2004, 03:25 PM
Minami Kotaro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vs. 2000 Civic Si

One of the women at work has a 2000 Civic Si with a CAI and a coffee-can muffler. I've been after her to race me ever since I got the Ion. She kept putting me off, citing transaxle troubles. Today, she finally agreed to run me.

We were able to run at stoplights three times. From a stop, I was killing her, though this may have had more to do with the drivers than the cars. Not that she can't drive ... she races when the strip is open.

At the first light, I simply had a much, much better reaction time and was under way before she even popped her clutch. At the second and third lights, I tried to wait until I saw her start to move. According to her, I won because of "VTEC lag". In the time it took for her VTEC to activate in first gear, I was walking her like nothing and she could not pull on me subsequently.

We did not run from a roll. We drove into a gas station afterward, talked a little bit, then headed home.
Old 02-24-2004, 03:39 PM
b16hatch

Dude IONS are weak. they are rated at what mid 16"s , and VTEC lag? In those cars you drop the clutch at around 4500 hundred , your in VTEC all through first in shift to second drop down to 5500 still in VTEC , your never out of VTEC when you are racing. Either she wasnt dropping the clutch , which you still wouldnt of "walked" her or she wasnt racing. You give me an Si and ill Piss on your ion all day long . Race my hatch with a b16.
Old 02-24-2004, 05:36 PM
Kestrel
Push to shock!

Good kill, though I would've expected it to be pretty close. I think maybe she was babying her car a bit?
Old 02-25-2004, 08:17 AM
Minami Kotaro

Yeah, sure, b16hatch, I'll race your engine-swapped car with nitrous with my bone stock car. I'd be more than happy to get my Bug out of the garage and ass rape your b16 lunchbox, though.

Originally Posted by Kestrel
Good kill, though I would've expected it to be pretty close. I think maybe she was babying her car a bit?
She wasn't launching very hard. We've made an appointment to meet again at the strip when it opens and go balls-out. :thumbup:
Old 02-25-2004, 11:33 AM
spanky
I go duffy on dem bitches

good race yo, although i agree she probably wasn't driving to full potential. what are her times when she goes to the track?
Old 02-25-2004, 11:56 AM
atlaccordguy
Blah h22a Blah

[QUOTE=Minami Kotaro]Yeah, sure, b16hatch, I'll race your engine-swapped car with nitrous with my bone stock car. I'd be more than happy to get my Bug out of the garage and ass rape your b16 lunchbox, though.

Do you have a porsche powered bug?
Old 02-25-2004, 11:57 AM
supermac88
not OG but Old School

so your 17 second car is beating a 16 second car? I will race you, I have a civic hatch and a d16...
Old 02-25-2004, 03:47 PM
senseiturtle
euro trash

... still waiting on a timeslip, ion man
Old 02-25-2004, 04:04 PM
hyperlite

hmm im pretty sure the ion has the 2.2 ecotec right? guys with the ecotec cavaliers are running mid 15s stock with those
Old 02-25-2004, 06:05 PM
Minami Kotaro

Originally Posted by atlaccordguy
Do you have a porsche powered bug?
No, it still utilizes the engine block that came in it back in '67. It is far from stock now, though.

It isn't really streetable with the close-ratio trans it has in it now, so it only gets driven on the strip when they have Import Nite.

Quick Reply: vs. 2000 Civic Si