Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Check engine light?

Old 12-23-2006, 07:54 PM
Philixxj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi i Have a Honda Prelude 1997 AT.. ok 2 nites ago i got in my car and started it. and i was just sitting there warming up the car. and then out of no where the speedometer starts to go wacko its jumpin everywhere. and it was just in neutral and i wasnt even reving the motor. and then i put it in reverse . and put it in drive. and it still was going crazy. and when i put it in drive. when the speedomter go to high mph) without accelerating) it would change the gears it self.. and now that it wasnt doing it anymore. and everything was fine.. now that my speedometer is now not working. and that the engine light is on and the 'D' light is blinking. and i read that if the speed sensor is malfunctioning the vtec will not engage. i drove it earlier and i went to engage vtec but wouldnt. i thought it would be just not at the right temperature. please help.
Old 12-23-2006, 09:05 PM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

If your speed sensor is malfunctioning, you will not have VTEC. If you have an automatic with a speed sensor malfunctioning, it probably won't shift correctly either.

If you have a speed sensor error code, you should replace the speed sensor.
Old 12-24-2006, 09:02 PM
Philixxj

ok i got the codes it threw out to me. actually i have 6 codes together... My car is a 1997 honda prelude. i swapped the motor for a JDM H22 Type S motor. on it is a A/T... ok on the Check egine light i have 3 codes

23---- i figure this is for ( Knock sensor circuit malfunction )
70---- (Automatic Transmission concerns)

i noticed the "D" light was throwing me 2 different codes tooo..

and then the ABS light was throwing 1 code

can anyone please tell me what these codes are. and are there anything i can fix it...? thanks
Old 08-02-2007, 03:10 PM
ravasmout

Default Honda Accord 2002 LX

Hey what about an Accord LX 02? I got the same light but i have no idea where to find the blue connector to check for the code. Lookin around but can't seem to pick it out. Got anything for me?
Old 08-03-2007, 05:00 AM
JimBlake

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Since it's OBD-2 I'd go to some AutoZoned-type place & have them use an OBD-2 code reader. Those codes are more specific anyway. Get the code number, not just the guy's explanation.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:34 PM
ravasmout

Default ..

Thats what I was thinking of doing but then I figured why should I pay money to find out what the problem is when I can do it myself then pay money to get it fixed, you know? So does anyone know how I can get the Error Code off my 02 Honda Accord LX on my own?
Old 08-08-2007, 07:10 AM
JimBlake

Where are you? All the AutoZone/AdvanceAutoParts & places like that around here will read the error codes for free.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:54 PM
ravasmout

I'm in British Columbia Canada.. I'll have to look around I guess. But thanks for the tip yea?
Old 09-18-2007, 07:32 AM
Stykbow

Default Code 41

Does anyone know what code 41 is ? I am getting 4 long flashes and 1 short flash.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:42 AM
JimBlake

Code 41 is the heater circuit of the primary oxygen sensor.

What year/model? Often that sensor is mounted in the exhaust manifold right up front. Unplug it, look for the 2 same-color wires from the sensor. Measure resistance between them - it should be 10 to 40 ohms. If not, get a new sensor. If the resistance is OK, then post back about checking the rest of that circuit.

Quick Reply: Check engine light?